PDA

View Full Version : Win Update caused Error. Now cannot see any of my Databases

isntAnything
12-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Pretty sure my Windows Vista updated last night, and today I couldn't connect to my db when HEM loaded.

I have tried all the usual stuff (checking all the stuff, win firewalls/defender etc) and then tried uninstall/re-install postgreSQL.

I get this error when I try to Connect at the DB Control Panel:

Error when connecting to FocusGrindOutTheBox database: FATAL: 58P01: could not open relation 1663/16384/2610: No such file or directory

I only checked my version number as 8.3 and when I re-installed it I installed 8.3.5 as there is no 8.3 (not sure if this matters...)

Now when I load up HEM none of my Databases are listed but it has let me create a new DB OK. How can I see my old DB's again? (I assumed that re-installing postgreSQL wouldn't erase my db's?)

fozzy71
12-09-2009, 11:05 AM
When you uninstall postgresql it leaves the \data folder behind. Which installer did you use the last time when it finally connected? If it was our PGInstaller it would have renamed your old \poatgresql folder and created it's own. If you have a renamed folder under \program files\postgresql, you may be able to reinstall that \data folder. This is the data you need to try and reinstall to connect your old DB's. If you dont have that \data folder or your old \hmarchives you will have to try and request the hands from your site. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

isntAnything
12-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Dam, no love..

My data folder was left there OK.

I followed http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=8261 (these steps)

I'm still getting a problem whereby db control panel cannot connect to my old db.

"Error when connecting to FocusGrindOutTheBox database: FATAL: 58P01: could not open relation 1663/16384/2610: No such file or directory"

Pretty weird. Luckily I have been archiving imported hands for half a year so I'll re-import them into a New Database. I had to start a new db back in Jan 08, it's a bit silly how temperamental it all seems to be.

netsrak
12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
The error message tells me that your database is corrupt. Best is to start with a new one.