PDA

View Full Version : Contributed Rake Stat

Iggy23
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Would it be possible to get the formula you use for calculating rake based on the contributed method. I would like to use it in a report as a custom stat.

Thanx

HeisT
12-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Looking for this too :rolleyes:

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Guys, here is what we use to determine rake. I have added Poker Stars to the dealt rake section since it seems to be a bug in the recent changes. All other sites use Weighted Contributed Rake. If any sites use Average Contributed Rake please let us know. It is hard to find accurate info on this.

Roy

public void CalculateRake()
{
if ((SiteName == "Full Tilt") ||
(SiteName == "IPoker") ||
(SiteName == "Party") ||
(SiteName == "Poker Stars") ||
(SiteName == "Cake Poker"))
{
CalculateDealtRake();
}
else
{
CalculateContributedRake();
}
}

Kaizen2000
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Cereus and Betfair are using avg. contributed rake.

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Cereus and Betfair are using avg. contributed rake.

Thank you. I will forward this directly to the developers.

Iggy23
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM
This isn't the formula I was looking for. This just shows when to use each formula. I'm looking for the actual formula. For instance the dealt method would be

pokerhands.rakeamount/pokerhands.numberofplayers

I would like the formula HEM uses to calculate the contributed rake.

Thx

Kaizen2000
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
@Iggy..... I asked a similar question:

'3. First time we are able to see contributed rake- thx a lot gents!!
For a custom rakeback stat, may I still use Sum(PH.RakeAmount) from postgres to get a correct number of rake paid?'

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=112702&postcount=378

To be more precise: If I'll use something like

<Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="RB UB" ValueExpressions="Sum(PH.RakeAmount)/100.0*0.3 as RakeBackAmount" Evaluate="RakeBackAmount" ColumnHeader="RB UB" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Rakeback based on 30%" />
for a custom stat- is the result the rakeback I'll get playing on UB?

@ fozzy.... you are very welcome. Send you PM with a complete list of rake/pokerroom

fozzy71
12-19-2009, 07:03 PM
This isn't the formula I was looking for. This just shows when to use each formula. I'm looking for the actual formula. For instance the dealt method would be

I would like the formula HEM uses to calculate the contributed rake.

Thx

I knew it wouldn't fly, but it was all I had handy at the moment. I have forwarded this to the developers and my colleagues. I imagine Roy will post here soon.

grafter
12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Ipoker are changing from dealt to average contributed on the morning of 2nd January.

kimboL
02-04-2010, 05:39 AM
*BUMP*

People want this for a long time. It shouldn't be too hard to add this.

Thanks

Baobhan-Sith
02-09-2010, 12:16 AM
+1

The Minder
02-09-2010, 01:29 AM
I hope no one is in a Rush for this.

morny
02-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote from Roy regarding rake calculations

There are two types, average contributed and weight contributed. Average uses all the players that VPIP’ed and divides the rake evenly between them while weighted divides the rake based on how much each person contributed towards the pot. So if player X put in 40% of the pot then he gets 40% of the rake

Iggy23
02-10-2010, 12:13 AM
So it took a week and half to get a response that told me which sites use each method. Now after 2 months, I'm given the definition of each method.

All I want is the FORMULA.

At this point, it seems like it might be easier to get Coca-Cola's secret recipe.

B-Money
02-10-2010, 01:26 AM
So it took a week and half to get a response that told me which sites use each method. Now after 2 months, I'm given the definition of each method.

All I want is the FORMULA.

At this point, it seems like it might be easier to get Coca-Cola's secret recipe.

Not sure what the issue is. The Formulas looks clear to me and I'm no math wizard. Even made a FAQ for future reference. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How is Rake Calculated? (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/344/How+is+Rake+Calculated%3F)

This response is straight from Roy after seeing your exact post that Fozzy quoted above. What is it you're looking for? You say all you want is the formula so I don't understand because he provided that. Not all of us are math wizards but we're here to help as best as we can.

-B

The Minder
02-10-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest that the request for a 'forumla' means that posters are seeking the data field names. Roy posted the cash game database schema a long time ago and there's a chance some of the field names have changed.

Am I on the right track?

Edit: This is me trying really hard to be diplomatic.

Iggy23
02-10-2010, 01:46 AM
If I wrote a custom stat for determing rake paid using the dealt method it would be

since everyone that gets dealt cards gets an equal share.

Under the average contributed method it would be

rake amount / number of players that VPIP

There is a rakeamount stat but there isn't a stat (that I can find) for the number of players that VPIP so HEM must be using some kind of formula to figure that number out.

I wanted the formula HEM uses to figure that number out so that I can write custom stat.

Vivi57
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm playing on full tilt and have a suspicion that my contributed rake is much higher than my dealt, but I want the stats to back it up before I decide to move to a new site. From the sticky, I saw that rake is:

<Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="Rake $" ValueExpressions="Sum(ph.RakeAmount)/100.0 as RakeAmount" Evaluate="RakeAmount" ColumnHeader="Rake" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Rake Paid" />

But based on what I read in this thread, ph.RakeAmount is either dealt or contributed based on what site you play at so using a custom stat based on that wouldn't be very useful if I wanted to display both.

My initial thought would be to somehow set the "site" variable for fulltilt to contributed and have hem recalculate everything, but I'm not sure if I'd have access to that variable.

Is there a good way to set it up so I can have two columns side by side, one for dealt, one for contributed so I can compare?

morny
03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
There is Dealt Rake i.e divided between anyone dealt cards and also contributed rake has two types, average contributed and weight contributed. Average uses all the players that VPIP’ed and divides the rake evenly between them while weighted divides the rake based on how much each person contributed towards the pot. So if player X put in 40% of the pot then he gets 40% of the rake.

If you find out the formula they use let us know if its not one of those then let us know and well update it. there variable is basically the siteID in the database, id siteID= x then rake = contributed so youd need to change the siteID for all your hands which wouldnt be a wise idea, currently we calculate the rake based on the site and dont have the option to add more than 1 type of rake stat but Feel free to make your suggestions here:
Customer Feedback & Ideas for HoldemManager (http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/forums/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions)

attiati
04-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Can HEM already handle average contributed rake calculation?

A custom stat would me fine too!!

Or in which phase is this project?

Shad
05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Has anyone managed to get any confirmation on whether ongame is using average contributed rake or weighted contributed rake?

From what I have read the general consensus seems to be average contributed rake. I'm assuming HEM is still using weighted contributed for ongame?

I'd like to make sure I'm getting what my affliate owes me in rakeback!

Thanks

Shad
05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
BUMP!

It seems almost impossible to get 'official' confirmation from ongame on their rake structure.

However going by the many threads/comments I have read and my own rake statistics via HEM and via my affliate it seems apparent that ongame does in fact use the average contributed system.

Can you guys set the default calculation from weighted contributed to average contributed for now? If not can you offer any other solution such as the ability to select your rake structure within HEM? If this is possible please can you tell me how to do so?

Thank you.

Garak
05-25-2010, 10:29 AM
BUMP!

It seems almost impossible to get 'official' confirmation from ongame on their rake structure.

However going by the many threads/comments I have read and my own rake statistics via HEM and via my affliate it seems apparent that ongame does in fact use the average contributed system.

Can you guys set the default calculation from weighted contributed to average contributed for now? If not can you offer any other solution such as the ability to select your rake structure within HEM? If this is possible please can you tell me how to do so?

Thank you.

I think this is right, certainly seems that everybodies rake stats aren't correlating with those given by the valueback sites.

Sarek
05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I found news article on site of an Ongame room - Fonbet. But it is in russian (http://www.fonbet.info/news/ru/533.html).
And there is written "from 29 april your Player points depends of your own part of total bank"

IMO Player points = rake (in this context)

attiati
05-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I found news article on site of an Ongame room - Fonbet. But it is in russian (http://www.fonbet.info/news/ru/533.html).
And there is written "from 29 april your Player points depends of your own part of total bank"

IMO Player points = rake (in this context)

It is official, that ongame counts the playerpoints with the weighted contributed method from 29 april. They sent to the player an e-mail.But it does not mean, that the rake will be calculated with the weighted contributed method too.

Before the 29th April ongame calculated the PP with a strange method: it was a hybrid of average contributed and dealt method. As you see before the 29th april there wasn't neither any correspondence between PP system and rake system. And their rake calculation system was before 29th april the same like now. Without reference to the changing of PP system.

This change influence only the PP system.

I hope you understand my terrible english :)

Important: at latest in 1 month I will have sure information about ongame rake calculation method. Could you give me a contact of , whom can I write privat message, or e-mail?
Can I write to you about this cause?

Sarek
05-26-2010, 11:51 AM
it's better to contact Fozzy or B-Money, not me

Shad
06-04-2010, 06:09 AM
I have to say that my rake amount by the end of the month was very close to spot on ($3 away). Hopefully that means that this points system is now effectively weighted contributed and HEM shouldn't need changes! Has everyone else compared their rake amounts? The only thing that confuses me is that it was so far off earlier in the month but I'm guessing my affliate gave me an incorrect figure.

Here is an e-mail from my skin also:

"Hi,

The system is based by Player Points. So according to your descriptions it should be weighted contributed.

Please take a look at the following table:

Player point system

Rake Player Pts

Less than $0.10 0
$0.10 - $0.19 0.1
$0.20 - $0.29 0.2
$0.30 - $0.39 0.3
$0.40 - $0.49 0.4
$0.50 - $0.59 0.5
$0.60 - $0.69 0.6
$0.70 - $0.79 0.7
$0.80 - $0.89 0.8
$0.90 - $0.99 0.9
$1.00 - $1.09 1.0
$1.10 - $1.19 1.1
$1.20 - $1.29 1.2
$1.30 - $1.39 1.3
$1.40 - $1.49 1.4
$1.50 - $1.59 1.5
$1.60 - $1.69 1.6
$1.70 - $1.79 1.7
$1.80 - $1.89 1.8
$1.90 - $1.99 1.9
$2.00 - $2.09 2.0
$2.10 - $2.19 2.1
$2.20 - $2.29 2.2
$2.30 - $2.39 2.3
$2.40 - $2.49 2.4
$2.50 - $2.59 2.5
$2.60 - $2.69 2.6
$2.70 - $2.79 2.7
$2.80 - $2.89 2.8
$2.90 - $2.99 2.9
$3.00 And Above 3 "

Garak
06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
There was an ongame player points custom stat which won't know be accurate with the change in system.
Would be nice if someone updated that using the system HM uses to calculate rake, since player points totals are verifiable through the site directly.
My rake totals were off by a little over 10% again last month.

BornTuKill
08-13-2010, 08:16 PM
bump. in pt3 it looks something like this
ormula: (sum( holdem_table_session_summary.amt_mgr ))*.75
. maybe one of you guru can change it for HEM

croekk
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Are we ever going to get the formula for weighted contributed rake (this one (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/40378-collection-custom-stats-new-ftp.html) is off and therefore useless)? PT4 has a stat for dealt, weighted contributed and true rake (winner-takes-all). Why can't this be implemented in HM as well? It has been promised for ages now.

Patvs
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
HM1: proper stat should soon be added.

HM2: proper should should also soon be added, in addition we're planning a widget where you can more easily compare dealt vs weight-contributed vs true rake for all sites.