PDA

View Full Version : Number of Hands

PeaceFr0g
12-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi,

When I have the cash games tab set to stakes it shows the cumulative total # of hands at the bottom of the 'Hands' column. This number seems right. When I select holecards, this number changes. How is that possible?

There is also a number to the left of total hands at the bottom of the 'game/discription' column that seems as if it's a number of hands total, but it's sometimes different than the number under hands. Usually higher. I'd like to understand what these different numbers represent. Thanks.

netsrak
12-09-2009, 03:33 AM
Please post some screenshots

PeaceFr0g
12-10-2009, 11:14 AM

Thanks. Figures it's not doing it now! -lol. Next time it does, I will post a screenshot in this thread. Thanks again.

PeaceFr0g
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm not sure I know how to upload. If this works, notice the numerical difference under the column hands and to the left of it. I'm not sure what the number to the left (23854) is supposed to represent. 1271 seems correct for the number of hands played today. Also notice how even the number of hands are different when I view by holecards. These two reports are from the exact same time filter. How can the holecard number of hands be different than the number of hands from the stakes report?

fozzy71
12-12-2009, 11:07 PM
The number to the left is your total hands for that player I believe. I am not sure why those 2 reports would give noticeably different results. What number do you get if you set that same date range filter and go to the Hands tab > [x] All?

I wasn't able to quite reproduce your problem. I tried a few different date filters like Today, This Month, Last 3 Months, Last 9 Months. For the last 9 months I had 13,045 for my alias using the By Stakes report and 13,044 for the Holecards report.

PeaceFr0g
12-13-2009, 09:34 AM
The number to the left is your total hands for that player I believe.

It's definitely not total, as in, every hand played by that player in the database. That's what's confusing me. It's more hands than the dates selected, but not the total # of hands tracked in the database. I don't get it.

I am not sure why those 2 reports would give noticeably different results. What number do you get if you set that same date range filter and go to the Hands tab > [x] All?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The two screenshots were the exact same date range. Again, that's what's confusing me. If the hands tab is showing 1000 hands total and then you choose position reports, the number of hands is often different. This isn't possible. I found this glitch during a particularly bad run when I was attempting to see if I was being dealt certain hands a statistically proportionate number of times. I noticed the # of hands were different in the stakes and position reports.

I wasn't able to quite reproduce your problem.

Again, I can't reproduce it all the time either (that's why I didn't post a screenshot until now). Sometimes the # of hands match between stakes and position and sometimes they don't. Also, there isn't ALWAYS a number to the far left under limits to compare to the number of hands. I also tried reproducing the problem. Most important is the stakes matching the position number of hands. This effects actual stats. The other problem of the rogue number to the far left isn't that big of a deal. It doesn't seem to effect the stats being filtered for.

I tried a few different date filters like Today, This Month, Last 3 Months, Last 9 Months. For the last 9 months I had 13,045 for my alias using the By Stakes report and 13,044 for the Holecards report.

Maybe keep trying it? It doesn't happen with mine all the time either. Thanks for listening.