PDA

View Full Version : Aliases

PeaceFr0g
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I can't seem to alias two players. I've followed the directions in my HEM manual and believe I have set up the alias correctly. However, when I select the cash games tab it's only showing stats for one of these players at a time. With an alias, you should be able to "combine" the two players' stats, right?

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. Before you can create an alias you want to be sure you can find your various site names. If you only play 1 site there is no need for an alias. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

PeaceFr0g
12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. Before you can create an alias you want to be sure you can find your various site names. If you only play 1 site there is no need for an alias. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

Thank you, but I want to make sure we're on the same page...

I don't care about the HUD. I just want to combine both player statistics for stats analysis. So if PlayerA has 30k hands, and PlayerB2 has 40k, it will show as 1 player with 70k hands and combine all pertinent statistics under the cash games tab and reports.

I've done what is in the link and it's only showing 1 player at a time. I know I can switch back and forth between player names. You don't need an alias for that. Again, I want to COMBINE the statistics of multiple players. Can that be done? And if so, it is not clear how to do it from neither the link or the manual. Thanks.

netsrak
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
You need to select the alias name as player then you get the combined stats.

PeaceFr0g
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
You need to select the alias name as player then you get the combined stats.

Got it. I was used to the way PT3 did it. I now understand that you have to create a brand new player, then attach the aliases to that player. Right?

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Got it. I was used to the way PT3 did it. I now understand that you have to create a brand new player, then attach the aliases to that player. Right?

Correct. The terminology and methodology is just a bit different in HM than it was in PT2.

In HM you can search for any player you want by site name. If you want to aggregate two (or more) players stats together you create a new, unique Alias name and attach any/all of the site names you want to combine. You can even create an alias for a group of villains, add 1 villain to the alias, and then go to the Players tab and right-click > add player to current alias. In this way you could combine 5 or 10 of your highest volume, winning opponents, to review their play/stats.