PDA

View Full Version : PT3 question

nomdeguerre
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi, I've been trying out PT3 on my new computer but would like to go back to using HEM. So I downloaded and registered HEM but I'm having a problem connecting.

When I open HEM and try to connect to postgreSQL I get the message "The username and/or password was incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the database to accept this login and password?"

If I click "yes" then it tells me "Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to make this change."

I'm guessing this is because I've already installed postgreSQL for PT3? How do I get HEM to work? Ideally I'd like to be able to use both HEM AND PT3.

Thanks

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

nomdeguerre
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you for your reply. So if I follow those instructions will I still be able to use my PT3?

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes.

nomdeguerre
12-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Great, that worked. Now when I go into HEM it finds my PT3 database. Should I tell it to use this as the default database for HEM, or should I create a new one called 'HEM database' and tell it to use that? I'm guessing I should probably make a new database?

If I do need to make a new database, is there any way of transferring the hands I've already imported into my PT3 database into the new HEM database?

Thanks again

netsrak
12-08-2009, 06:26 AM
You need to create a new Holdemmanager database - we can't use the PT3 one because it has a totally different structure.

For the hands: you need to reimport them: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=63

nomdeguerre
12-08-2009, 07:12 AM
Top-notch support as always, thanks.