PDA

View Full Version : Database

Helveticus
12-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Hello,

When I start auto importing then the files will be shifted to an archive folder. Is this good or should the hand histories stay in the original folder?

If the hand histories are shifted they also deleted from the database?

And if I set up a new pc with holdem manager. How can I clone the database from the old pc? Can I only copy the archive folder?

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Hello,

When I start auto importing then the files will be shifted to an archive folder. Is this good or should the hand histories stay in the original folder?

They are moved for performance reasons.

If the hand histories are shifted they also deleted from the database?

The hands are imported thru HM to your PostgreSQL database. Once HM reads the hands it doesnt need them anymore, unless your DB becomes damaged and you have to reimport.

And if I set up a new pc with holdem manager. How can I clone the database from the old pc? Can I only copy the archive folder?

Multiple ways. You can use the same version of postgresql and install a copy of your \data folder, you can do a .backup/restore thru pgadmin, you can email your sites for all your old hands and tourneys, or you can export everything from HM and backup all that info.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

Helveticus
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Thank you.

The hands are imported thru HM to your PostgreSQL database. Once HM reads the hands it doesnt need them anymore, unless your DB becomes damaged and you have to reimport.

But why the hand histories are moved, they could be deleted.

Multiple ways. You can use the same version of postgresql and install a copy of your \data folder, you can do a .backup/restore thru pgadmin, you can email your sites for all your old hands and tourneys, or you can export everything from HM and backup all that info.

Or I can copy the archive folder and reimport?

netsrak
12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank you.

But why the hand histories are moved, they could be deleted.

Or I can copy the archive folder and reimport?

They are moved as backup or for reimporting them (which answers your 2nd question :) )