PDA

View Full Version : Is there a dif b/t importing RAW HHs and importing HHs that have been exported by PT2

domino66
09-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Hmm...just thought of this Q: I have a habit of ONLY wanting HHs that have 5+ players dealt cards in my DB, so what I do is I import them all into PT2, and then use PT2's "export HHs to file..." to export ONLY those HHs that have 5+ players in them, and then i import those HHs into HEM (so i have a 'streamlined' HEM DB with only HHs that have 5+ players).

But something just dawned on me, and i want to know if my concern is justified. I know that HEM is much more powerful than PT2...so is it at all a concern that by first importing the HHs into PT2 and then exporting them, that it will "strip" the HHs of information that HEM would otherwise capture if I just imported the raw HHs into HEM directly? Did I explain that correctly? What I'm concerned about is whether perhaps the PT2 import-then-export process will 'cleanse' the raw HHs of some of the nitty-gritty detail that HEM's powerful features make use of. Did that make sense? Or will HHs that are exported by PT2 contain just as much detail as the raw HHs, allowing HEM to operate at full-functionality?

fabio
09-16-2008, 08:25 AM
The HHs dont get stripped :)