PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Manager Keeps Freezing

Erik32
12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
This is the last time I timeout with a set because of this problem. For whatever reason, Hold'em Manager keeps freezing during my sessions. When I first purchased the program everything seemed to be fine, then after a month this started. I have emailed into support a few times and had them look over my system, provide me with links to driver updates, etc. None of this has worked. I tried Poker Tracker 3 to see if the same thing would happen, and it did. This, obviously could mean that my laptop is defective, but I really don't think so, as it's only ~1 year old and running Vista. Another possibility is that Postgre is what's causing the problem because PT3 uses it too. Anyway, if there are any more suggestions for as to what I could do I would really love to hear them. Oh, and what's weird is that I can unfreeze PokerStars/Hold'em Manager by disconnecting my wireless connection :S

I guess I'll add here that I would much rather use the Hold'em Manager then Poker Tracker so if you guys can help me with this problem I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm so frustrated/tilted/dfnasjgkdfsgfnds by this

Patvs
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
four possible solutions:

-1 update HoldemManager click this link (http://tinyurl.com/yzd49nu) 1.10 beta0!!

-2 check out and DO everything in the top 10 performance tips thread (see my signature)

-3 don't just turn off, but (temporarily) UNINSTALL every program that can mess with PostgreSQL: antivirus, hitman pro, spybot, ad aware, zonealarm, spyware program, etc.

-4 LOG INTO YOUR ROUTER... check if your router has a separate firewall, update its firmware, change some security settings.

Erik32
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
K thanks, ya I tried closing as many programs as physically possible while playing and basically everything right down to not using multiple colours on my hud. Hopefully the Beta works.

Erik32
12-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, the new Beta, despite looking nice did not solve my problem. Ten mins in it froze again. Like it seems that when the Hud is refreshing the data, that's when it just crashes/freezes/overloads my computer.

Patvs
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Do you have more of your laptop info?
How much RAM memory do you have? How large is the C: drive with how much space is left?
How large is the Virtual Memory page file, is it being used? (what's the percentage of CPU/RAM use in Task Manager after playing poker for an hour with HEM) How fast is your harddisk (benchmark it with CrystalDiskMark)... is it in FAT32 or NTFS? Do you multitable?

How often do you defrag it...? do you use regular Windows Defrag of Defraggler?

etc

Erik32
12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
I'll try to give you as much info as I can, but I'm not that computer literate so some stuff I might not be able to find. On my C drive I have 214 GB free of 288 and I have 3 GB of RAM. As for the virtual memory, apparently I have a3113 MB paging file for all drives. Not sure about the other stuff, and yes I usually play 6-9 tables, but it freezes even when I've been one tabling heads up.

netsrak
12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Another try: disable all desktop themes, aero etc. and check if it still happens.

Erik32
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Still happening, ugh, do you think just completely uninstalling and reinstalling would have any effect? I'm probably going to end up getting my computer looked at if this continues.

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 11:10 PM
It sure couldnt hurt anything to try reinstalling HM with Revo - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20816

Erik32
12-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Before I do this, just to be sure, am I going to have to re-enter any information to complete the reinstallation?

netsrak
12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
You need your key (help->show serial number).

chap
12-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I tried Poker Tracker 3 to see if the same thing would happen, and it did.

Oh, and what's weird is that I can unfreeze PokerStars/Hold'em Manager by disconnecting my wireless connection :S

This sounds like your wireless card may be the defective. I would play with it disabled for a few sessions and see if the problem re-occurs - assuming that you have a wired connection of course :)