PDA

View Full Version : Trying to install HEM on second computer

bl00dy sputum
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
i have only installed HEM on my desktop, so i wanted to put it on my laptop as well. i downloaded the latest update 1.09.03.

upon installing the update, the blue box tittled "connect to postreSQL" pops up.

i click connect, and i get a message that reads.. "a connection to postresql could not be made. would you like to have HEM attempt to start the service?"

by clicking yes it then says, "sorry hold em manager was unable to start the service"

then "hold em manager has started the service please try again"

and thats basically it, i cant get past those boxes. help please.. thanks

Patvs
12-06-2009, 06:32 PM
You have to get the postgres service running.
Try this first:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

bl00dy sputum
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
ok finally got the hold em manager and database to boot up. i continue now to get the following error message when i try to navigate through the program.

"An error occurred at stage 33. Please report this to support@holdemmanager.net and also send your holdemmanger. config file to use"

ive looked all over for it, and i cant find it

bl00dy sputum
12-06-2009, 07:37 PM
also these two error messages..

"the following error occured when trying to open the database. unable to read data from the transport connection. an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

"an error occurred while retrieving the imported file list. unable to read data from the transport connection. an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

Patvs
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Which Windows version?
You did all of my last post?

Add Exceptions to: Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, your Antivirus program? Do you have any other virus/spyware/firewall program that could block communications to port 5432?

bl00dy sputum
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
im using vista. i wasnt able to find the HEM directory. i looked.. it doesnt exist. i cant find it. i dont have a firewall

Patvs
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
The HEM directory is in ProgramFiles/RVG Software/HoldemManager

Make sure all the .exe in that directory have administrator privileges and open dbcontrolpanel.exe to double check your postgreSQL settings--> write them down. Open pgAdminIII and try to open your postgres database with those settings.

If all that doesn't work, email support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, and we'll schedule a teamviewer session.

bl00dy sputum
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
The HEM directory is in ProgramFiles/RVG Software/HoldemManager

Make sure all the .exe in that directory have administrator privileges and open dbcontrolpanel.exe to double check your postgreSQL settings--> write them down. Open pgAdminIII and try to open your postgres database with those settings.

If all that doesn't work, email support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, and we'll schedule a teamviewer session.

ok i found the directory, but i dont see any of those files at all. im so confused i have no idea what to do

fozzy71
12-07-2009, 11:23 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Reinstall postgresql - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755