PDA

View Full Version : hud shows only one position with 3 lines

Arizona Willie
12-05-2009, 04:12 PM
All positions should be showing 3 lines of stats. For some strange reason only one position is showing 3 lines all the rest are showing only 2.

How can this be fixed?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/Arizona-Willie/hud_error.png

fozzy71
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmupdate

Please attach your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called prefs. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file. I will take a look at how your HUD is configured and try to find the cause.

Arizona Willie
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
OK I updated to the latest version but still had the problem. So I went into Table Preferences and moved one panel on the spot where 3 lines were showing, and that panel moved out from under the other panel on the other positions. So I adjusted all the panels and now everything is where it should be and all positions show all 3 lines.

I don't know how that happened. I had installed Leak Buster's HUD as the default HUD ( given a choice I wouldn't have made it the default but it gives you no choice ). I used it for a couple of days and decided to go back to my custom HUD that helps me keeps target percentages in view better. TMI in the LeakBuster HUD.

Also, when installing HEM it tells you to look for a spade icon on the tray and close it ... but under Windows 7 the installer itself puts a spade icon on the tray and if you close it you close the installer. I think they need to change that wording.

But, anyway, my orginal problem is solved. :)

_Loki_
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
OK I updated to the latest version but still had the problem. So I went into Table Preferences and moved one panel on the spot where 3 lines were showing, and that panel moved out from under the other panel on the other positions. So I adjusted all the panels and now everything is where it should be and all positions show all 3 lines

Hi Arizona

I'm curious...

Q1. The 3-line stats in the screenshot are the ones LeakBuster suggest or the ones you have chosen yourself ?

Q2. I didn't really understand your previous post (quote above) Are you saying that you are using "new panel" rather than just "new line" when setting up the HUD ? Why are you doing that ?

Arizona Willie
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
The stats in that screen shot are one's I chose myself using Leak Buster guidlines.

Yes I had a second panel. Why? I dunno ... just did it t hat way for some reason I don't remember.

Yesterday the problem was fixed and lasted all day. Today the problem was back so something is corrupting my pref file.

But I fixed it for good. I took out the new panel and put all 3 lines in one panel so now nothing can cause one panel to get on top of the other. There ain't no second panel.

Wonder if something else will get hosed.

_Loki_
12-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I was thinking that if you have multiple panels that have no gap between them & you rescale the size of your table I have found that the panels don't quite exactly scale the same amount & can end up overlapping

I think it's to do with the grid I chose, but I haven't experimented (I had scaling option ticked)

I don't think its a prefs bug necessarily

Arizona Willie
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think it's a bug in the pref ... everything worked fine for months until I installed the LeakBuster default HUD. Then the panels got moved in one of my custom HUD layouts. Haven't checked the others yet ... seldom use them.

Fixed them the first day and they worked fine the rest of the day. I quit FT and came back in later and all was still ok.

But, the next day after being shut down, when I went into Ft and opened my HUD it was messed up again. So I fixed it so everything is in one panel so it is impossible to get screwed up the same way again.

Haven't played yet this morning so I don't know if something else will be hosed or not. Hope not.

It probably is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with LeakBuster ... just happened to happen in such a way as to make me wonder if LeakBuster caused it. Probably not ... but ... whaddaiknow?