PDA

View Full Version : Not importing in Windows 7.

NRB84
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I am unable to import hands through the "import folders" option and the "auto import" options in HM 1.09.03 on Windows 7; This is a new computer and OS, which I don't have familiarity with. When I execute any of those tasks, it starts "importing" but it does nothing; It just gets stuck without any progress.

There are hands in my importing folder as well, or else it would say it's going to re-import every 5-seconds or so.

HELP! I might need to return this and or convert it down to XP, so time is of essence.

fozzy71
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Announcement: Windows 7 & Holdem Manager (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/announcement.php?f=2)

NRB84
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Announcement: Windows 7 & Holdem Manager (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/announcement.php?f=2)

I went through that already, and it runs fine. I've installed postgres, ran as administartor and secondary logons already. The problem I'm having is importing. Import button works, but that's just about it - the button. The function is not working. It says it is importing, but it is not b/c i've waited for it and nothing happens - there is no progress. The program is not frozen either because I can stop the import at any time. It just isn't importing with 1.09.03 for me in W7

netsrak
12-03-2009, 05:03 AM
please check, answer and post these questions: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

fozzy71
12-03-2009, 06:37 PM
. The problem I'm having is importing. Import button works, but that's just about it - the button. The function is not working. It says it is importing, but it is not b/c i've waited for it and nothing happens - there is no progress. The program is not frozen either because I can stop the import at any time. It just isn't importing with 1.09.03 for me in W7

It really sounds to me like you haven't set it to run as admin, or you havent configured the auto import folders properly. Answer the questions he posted and attach your config file as explained in step 9.

NRB84
12-04-2009, 12:05 AM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using?

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Pstars NL SNGs

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes.
C:\Users\stan\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
No

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
No

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Have not tried.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Not sure. Directions not updated for Windows7

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes

fozzy71
12-04-2009, 12:57 AM
8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Not sure. Directions not updated for Windows7

This is explained in the announcement I linked.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes

There is no auto import folder configured.

<setting name="AutoImportFolderList"></setting>

This happens when you have not set HM to run as admin.

NRB84
12-04-2009, 01:24 AM
It works now manually ran as admin. I must have forgotten to do it after uninstalling/installing for the umpth time.

But is there a way to do it permanently? I have to locate the files every time I run it or else import won't work with the standard desktop shortcut.

NRB84
12-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Nevermind. I changed the compatability properties on the desktop shortcut and checked the "Run this program as an administrator" under the Privilege Levels.

Everything works now. Thanks!