PDA

View Full Version : 3bet% higher than PFR%

Rhincodon
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
When I look at my own HU stats under cash games=>reports=>position I see that my 3bet% are higher than my PFR%. (Goes for other players in my DB as well).

Your definition from the FAQ is "PFR (% of time player raises preflop), 3Bet (% of time player re raises another raiser preflop)", so how is that possible?

Mike chops
09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Unusual but definitely possible. If you fold every limped/unopened pot and raise every time it is raised to you, your 3 bet % will be 100, whereas your pfr will be around 50 - the hands you 3 bet count as raises but your pfr won't be 100 because half of the time you weren't facing a raise, you just folded.

Rhincodon
09-17-2008, 06:23 AM
I never fold a limp from BB :eek:

I think that the explanation is that I misunderstood the FAQ's definition of PFR and 3bet. It should be understood like: PFR% is defined by number of total actions where you had the possibility to make a PFR (all except hand that where folded to you) divided by the number of PFR, and that 3bet% is defined by total actions where you had the possibility to make a 3bet divided by number of 3bets.

E.g. 20 hands HU:

Villain limps 10 and you check all
Villain raise 10 and you fold 5 and 3bet 5

PFR% = 25% (20/5)
3bet% = 50% (10/5)