PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where this fits in, but my PostGreSQL database appears to be messed up

Corey
04-20-2012, 03:28 AM
OK, so I have been having some strange issues with HEM1. I want to try out the HEM2 and OmahaHEM2 free 30 day trials, and after that, go ahead and upgrade to HEM2 Pro. You win Holdem Manager (I need Cake MTT support)

But before I do that, I think I need to fix my PostgreSQL installation.

I have my computer configured to do the bare minimum when it boots up. Even with 3GB and WinXP, every now and then, in the midst of 10 tabling, everything just freezes up. So I have to be able to reboot the computer from the UPS switch (since sometimes even the power button on the Dell won't work).

After a reboot, I have to manually start PostgreSQL, and then start HEM1.

When I start PostgreSQL it says this:

The postgresql server 8.4 service is starting...
The postgresql server could not be started
The service did not report an error
more help is available by typing net helpmsg 3534
the start command returned an error (2)
press <return> to continue...

Even though it says this, I can start HEM1 with no apparent problems.

So what I would like to do is:

1. Backup the HEM1 SQL database
2. Remove PostgreSQL
3. Reinstall PostgreSQL
4. Install the 30 day trial of HEM2 + OMAHAHEM2
5. Reload the PostgreSQL database

I think this will refresh everything to a groovy condition.

netsrak
04-20-2012, 05:19 AM
You can't import a HM1 database backup directly into HM2.
And if your database already seems to be damaged the best is to start with a fresh database and import the original hands from the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

So i would recommend this:

1. Backup HM1 database (just to be safe)
2. Remove Postgresql
3. Install HM2 including Postgresql
4. Create a new database and import the hands from c:\hmarchive
(5. Install HM1, restore the database backup)

Corey
04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
You can't import a HM1 database backup directly into HM2.
And if your database already seems to be damaged the best is to start with a fresh database and import the original hands from the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

So i would recommend this:

1. Backup HM1 database (just to be safe)
2. Remove Postgresql
3. Install HM2 including Postgresql
4. Create a new database and import the hands from c:\hmarchive
(5. Install HM1, restore the database backup)

OK, Working on this. I realize now that when I imported everything into HEM1 it got backed up to C:\hmarchive, which is cool, because Merge deletes everything after 30 days, and I also have to do finish my 2011 taxes, so this is a big help.

Corey
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
OK so far so good, got HEM2 installed + PGSQL, I imported the C:\HMArchive hands in, took an hour to read 3508 files, and it got 5232 import errors. I assume some of these are due to the fact that they are Omaha Hi Hands. I need to download the 30 day trial of Omaha Manager in order to read those; I need those sessions for my 2011 taxes as well.

EDIT: Just noticed on the bottom left of HEM2 it's creating notes. It's only 12K out of 177853 so far. Not sure what this is, going to be watching all the HEM2 videos ASAP.

Patvs
04-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Email sales@holdemmanager.com to request a temporary Holdem + Omaha serial, so you can import and see the results for the Omaha Hi hands

Corey
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Email sales@holdemmanager.com to request a temporary Holdem + Omaha serial, so you can import and see the results for the Omaha Hi hands

OK, they sent me a HM1+OM1 code, I'm a little confused as to this, I already upgraded to HEM2 and have been trying it out, and my HEM1 program is still there, but it's not working (probably because I uninstalled PGSQL), and I have to get it back up to use OM1.

In the meantime, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with HEM2. I play double ups on RPM with this guy CavsWad and I had 15,000 hands on him. I just tried out a double up today and it is only showing 526 hands on him. Where'd the hands go? They're still in my HEM1 backed up database, but...

Why can't you import your HEM1 database into HEM2? I realize the SQL formats have probably changed, but you'd think you'd have a utility to do this.

EDIT: I found some archived files on my D: hard drive and I see that HEM2 DOES have a feature to import HEM1. I think this explains the missing hands phenomenon, I'm devoting more research time to this, was just kind of confused, but soon I'll be a HEM1/2 expert!

Corey
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Gotta say it, I'm not impressed with HEM2. It is so bloated, it takes up 42% of my CPU, HEM1 took up more like 10-20%. I have 15 postgres.exe's running when there used to be 4, even when I 'optimize the database' there are still 15 going.

Just gonna go back to HEM1 and use non-preferred seating on cake. I can live without a HUD on the tourneys there. Sorry HEM

Corey
05-08-2012, 02:06 AM
The most frustrating thing about HEM2 is I can be playing 5 cake tables, I need to bring up the hud extra details for some given player (the basic hud works oK), and it just sits there. Sometimes it comes up, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's a consequence of having a 2006 Dell with only 3GB and WinXP, but I think that it really ought to be able to work better than this.

Perhaps if I put postgresql on another computer and run it over a network?

netsrak
05-08-2012, 04:34 AM
That wouldn't make a difference.
You have this problems with HM2? Did you already try with the 6805 update?

Please post screenshots of a Cake table and your HM2 auto-import configuration.

Corey
05-13-2012, 08:13 PM
New problem:

Now I've been playing the turbo SNG's on Cake, and HEM2 won't bring up the HUD automatically. It is importing the hands, but it won' bring up the HUD. I know this because if I close HEM2 and restart it, it then correctly brings up the HUD with the # of hands I have already played so far.

Also if someone sits out on a ring game (due to timing out) and comes back, that particular person's HUD statistics disappear for a hand or two.

Patvs
05-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Try using the TableFinder: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/HowIsTableFinderUtilizedIfTheHUDDoesNotAppear%3F

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

Corey
05-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Try using the TableFinder: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/HowIsTableFinderUtilizedIfTheHUDDoesNotAppear%3F

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

I'm using WinXP. Simply going to the Active Sessions tab caused HEM2 to crash. I hope you look at the log it sent you. This is just too much for me to handle. I'll probably be buying PT4.

Patvs
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager

Corey
05-19-2012, 07:00 PM
When there is a crash, please sent your full log.txt file, located in the following folder to hm2support@holdemmanager.com:

XP: c:\documents and settings\{username}\appdata\HoldemManager

It sends you a log when it crashes. I've just about had it with this software. You've made me a PT man.