PDA

View Full Version : Where are my Hand History Files!!

KIloOne
12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I have been using the HUD for a few days and really like it but I just went back to a program I wrote to do some of my own analysis and I find that all the Hand History files are gone from my PokersStars HandHistory directory.

I can't find the files that were there:(. It looks like HoldemManager just erases the original files after it imports them.

In the worst case it should just move them to another folder if the directory scanning part of their program can't handle looking for new files put in a directory vs. looking for any file added to an empty directory.

The file name and structure of hand files exported from HoldemManager is not the same as the files that were imported and are not what I want. I want to have my program access the hand histories in real time too.

I want my original PokerStars files back and I will probably stop using HoldemManger (which I have purchased) unless someone can tell me how to set it up so that it just leaves the files alone or moves them to an 'Imported' directory.

So, where are my original HandHistory files and can I set HoldemManger so that it does not erase the original files?

Thanks

KIloOne
12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
So I have found the original files in the c:\HMArchive\... folder.:)

Now, can someone tell me how many seconds after the file arrived in the PokerStars\Handhistory... directory are they put there?

I need to know this so I can point my program to the archive files and find them as soon after Pokerstars put them on my computer to have real time results in my program?

Thanks

LostCause
12-01-2009, 06:42 PM
You can set the archive duration via
Options->Miscellaneous Options->Change archive duration

KIloOne
12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks, it looks like current files are left in the directory while PokerStars is updating them and if a file is not updated by PokerStars in this archive duration, then HM archives the file. It looks like I'm OK at the default 15 minutes.