PDA

View Full Version : Handling large databases

ValarMG
09-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi,
I'm considering datamining and getting loads of hands on my opponents, only problem is that it will probably lead to a large database, perhaps slowing me down and using all my hard drive space.

Probably only the latest 3-6 months of these datamined hands will be useful so I was wondering if there was a way that after this time I could start to delete the older data.

However I would like to keep all the data on the hands I've actually played.

So, I was wondering if using two databases for the two types of hands made any sense or if there was any easy way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks.

morny
09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Dont support multi databases yet, we have basic purge options although a few people are having problems which were working on. Saying that we have people running over 15 million HH databases without problems

ValarMG
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Okay, cool I had a look at the purge options and it seems that you can delete all hands except your own for certain dates so that'll do want I want without needing separate databases.

Thanks.

morny
09-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah theres a 15 day trial where you can checkout if the purge works for you and does what you need