PDA

View Full Version : I finally got HEM to work, but now PT3 is screwed!

LingXY
12-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Ok, so after messing around with Postgres and reinstalling several times, I FINALLY got HEM to connect to it and load the database.

The problem is that I now want to transfer my PT3 Database to HEM, but when I open PT3 it says that my database has disappeared. I know, I am a retard, I should have exported from PT3 before I started messing with Postgres, but it's too late now.

These are the steps I took:
1) Uninstalled Postgres as part of the steps in the FAQ
2) Saved my old Postgres folder under another name
3) Reinstalled Postgres, creating a new database (called "postgres1" because it wouldn't allow me to use the name "postgres")
4) Now I can get into HEM but PT3 says it can't find the "postgres" database
5) I still have my old Postgres folder sitting under another name, but I don't know how to convert back to a point where PT3 can access the old database. Given that I still have the old data, is this even possible?

I just want to know if it is possible to get my PT3 database back, so that I can export and save it and then repeat the installation process for HEM...

Thanks for any help you can give me~

fozzy71
12-01-2009, 03:59 AM
You actually did not need to remove postgresql. You could have just installed HM and connected it to the installed version.

You need to reinstall postgresql 8.3 and your old \data folder from PT3. That has your old pt3 db in it.

Uninstall it using these directions, but do not use the installer mentioned in the first link - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

Reinstall using these directions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

Then you should be able to connect thru PT3 again, hopefully.

Many/most of your PT3 hands are likely in the \poker tracker 3\processed folder.

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

LingXY
12-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Hey, I tried it and it worked! Thanks so much~