PDA

View Full Version : Startup problem

levi83
11-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I've tried everything posted so far but haven't been able to figure this out...

I just recently installed HEM 1.09 15-day Trial and updated it using the beta updater. When I try to run the program, after I hit the Try button, an error message pops up saying "Holdem Manager has stopped working" and it asks to close the program. This happens when "Initializing Database" is showing on the loadup screen.

Here's where it gets weird - if I wait a couple seconds and don't close the error message window, Holdem Manager seems to load and work fine as long as I keep the error message up. I've had it running fine for 4-5 hours at a time, auto-importing hands from Full Tilt, as long as I don't close the error message. If I close the error message the whole program closes.

I'm using a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit, I have UAC disabled (all HEM applications are run as administrator), Windows Firewall is disabled, I have no anti-virus software, and HEM connects to Postgresql fine. I've tried uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller as suggested, and I've also re-installed Postgresql 8.3.

Thanks for the help in advance.

netsrak
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
This is an open issue for some customers, you can use Holdemmanager when you leave the message open.

I will forward this to my colleagues for further help.

netsrak
11-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi, i just heard that it probably is a problem related to the licensing system in the trial version.
It was solved for some customers by licensing the software - so i suggest you buy the license and test the licensed version. If it doesn't work you have a 10 day refund guarantee to get your money back.