PDA

View Full Version : computer cashed, can i save my database?

crazyace666
11-28-2009, 11:54 PM
My computer crashed and I had to reformat it and install window 7 on it. I did manage to copy my 25GB PostgreSQL folder to a seperate hard drive (the data base is in that folder right?). How can I restore the database onto this new computer? Do I just copy paste the folder into the newly installed PostgreSQL folder? Please help, thank you.

fozzy71
11-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Yes.

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.