PDA

View Full Version : This is a nightmare....I cant connect to postgreSQL

joethrock22
11-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I have been at this for hours now and am now becoming very frustrated. This is a complete nightmare and i have never had such a hard time downloading software and getting it to work........PLEASE HELP. I am using Vista and have UAC off, all firewalls off and all documents i have downloaded show i am the admin. already. Please assume i am stupid as i am no computer genius. I have read through here and tried to follow all of the diff. steps you have told me for all of this diff. problems. Some of this stuff is hard for me to understand, so please dumb it down a bit for me.

When i click on holdem manager and the the post SQL shows up i click connect and it says a connection can not be made, i click yes to allow holdem manager to try and it say holdem manager was unable to start, i click ok and it then says holdem manager has started the service, please try again. I click ok and nothing happens.

Let me know as i will be waiting for a response.

joethrock22
11-28-2009, 06:33 AM
I have uninstalled everything and deleted all existence of any of this stuff off of my computer several times. Then i have reinstalled all of it and it still isnt working.

i have followed every step to a T and still nothing. on the postgresql install now i am to step 10 and while it is installing i get a error "Failed to connect to database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any databases." i click ok....

then i get a error "Could not connect to server:Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432 ?" i click ok...

then i get a error "Failed to connect to 'template1' database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in any databases" i click ok...

then i get a error "Could not connect to server:Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432 ?" i click ok... and then it say installation complete.

Then when i try to connect from the DB control panel i get the "a connection to PostgreSQL could not be made error" please help me.

netsrak
11-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Which firewall are you using?

Please check this:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21610
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

and you can also try our new postgresql installer: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/pginstaller.exe

joethrock22
11-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I dont have any virus protection installed on this computer at all. My firewall is off, i have restarted my computer roughly 20 times (not kidding or exagerating) i have went into the firewall and allowed the five .exe files your site tells me to allow. Windows defender is turned off and because i am on vista i see no way to allow programs on there....it just isn't an option (unlike the picture you show in one of your sites illustrations that im sure is prob. there for all users but vista), but as i said it is turned off. The only program i have installed is Avanquest fix-it utilities 9 Professional which doesn't have a firewall or an allow list and basically can only do stuff like repairs and clean-ups.

This is now some how my 6-8th hour and i am still getting nothing accomplished. I am very frustrated and angry. This pos install system is driving me effen mad. I have a college degree.......wtf is this shit saying. all of my problems are the same still. I have done all of these processes time and time again. i have read through half of the this fu****g forum and yet my shit still doesn't work. Never had these problems w/ poker tracker. Why in the hell should i have to be some ********* program wizard to install this? I hate Vista, it was the worst thing this far that has ever happened.

To be quite honest if i new that i would even have to spend 2 hrs just getting this installed i wouldn't have even bothered w/ buying it, but now that is has been so long i am committed to make this shit work. To this point you are dealing w/ a very unsatisfied customer. I apoligize for the small bit of swearing. It is not directed at you, i am just completely mad and frustrated.

Patvs
11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
pm sent

joethrock22
11-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Patvs is the man....and he is good at what he does. thanks for getting my chit straightend out. you have found away to make a very frustrated person happy, with your SQL abilities and wisdom....:)