PDA

View Full Version : PostgresSQL install help

sbrozina
11-27-2009, 10:07 PM
I have gotten a 'service check' error after the initialize database cluster part of the download. It says, The 'Secondary Logon' service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database.

sbrozina
11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I have gotten a 'service check' error after the initialize database cluster part of the download. It says, The 'Secondary Logon' service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database.

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 10:54 PM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

sbrozina
11-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I did that and get another error.

Could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer.

Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

netsrak
11-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Please uninstall Postgresql 8.3
and try to install postgresql with our new installer: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/pginstaller.exe

sbrozina
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I tried that and it went through until the end and then said sorry can not install postgresql.

fozzy71
11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
:(

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/TeamViewerQS.exe. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.