PDA

View Full Version : I lost my HEM reg key! I just got a new comp

bboysiren
11-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Please assist.

I have my email which is meedom227@yahoo.com, that should be the one linked to my HEM account.

I have only installed it previously once on my old computer, I moved my old hard drive but for somereason it is missing a lot of data.

I am not exactly sure which credit card I used to purchase HEM but it is one of the few that I have.

I can provide other info as well.

Please advise.

bboysiren
11-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok another issue.. just trying to run HEM trial but it wont work.. looks like i have to reinstall post gres?

Ok first question.. can I keep my old database? I do have my old folder with all my HEM stuff in it.. if so how? my comp seems like it does not have post gres or something.. i was hoping it would read it easily and this would be simple.

Trying to give most detail as possible.. i got to step 9 of this link with postgres assistance.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=176

at step 9 when I enter my password a error comes up as, " Service check, the secondary logon service is not running. THis service is required for the installer to intiialize the database. PLease start this service and try again."

Someone please help.

Thanks..

bboysiren
11-27-2009, 06:28 PM
some more info..

i am running windows 7.. but windows 7 has already asked me to authorize the programs and I also followed the secondary login thing on this forum which I manually enabled the exectuables to run as admin in HEM folder..

not sure what to do from here.. postgres is stil ltelling me the same error.

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Please assist.

I have my email which is meedom227@yahoo.com, that should be the one linked to my HEM account.

I have only installed it previously once on my old computer, I moved my old hard drive but for somereason it is missing a lot of data.

I am not exactly sure which credit card I used to purchase HEM but it is one of the few that I have.

I can provide other info as well.

Please advise.

You can use the same code for 2 PC's, just choose the PC#2 slot when registering.

Please try using our registration system to register your current/new license. Then you will be able to retrieve or reset your own license, as needed. http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

To get your current license from your running installation of HEM: Help > Show Serial Number

You will need to sign up, login, and then change your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

Ok another issue.. just trying to run HEM trial but it wont work.. looks like i have to reinstall post gres?

You moved your old drive, from where to where? Did you backup your \PostgreSQL folder, \Holdem Manager folder, and \HMArchive folder?

Ok first question.. can I keep my old database?

If you didn't make a backup of postgresql or save the \data folder, you will have to import your hands again from your archives and any saved/exported hands. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

I do have my old folder with all my HEM stuff in it.. if so how?

This will only have your HUD files, some settings files, and exported hands/notes/summaries if you ever did that.

my comp seems like it does not have post gres or something.. i was hoping it would read it easily and this would be simple.

If you moved your old hard drive to a new PC you have to install everything again. You can use some of your old files when reinstalling to save yourself time.

Here are my backup instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

Trying to give most detail as possible.. i got to step 9 of this link with postgres assistance.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=176

at step 9 when I enter my password a error comes up as, " Service check, the secondary logon service is not running. THis service is required for the installer to intiialize the database. PLease start this service and try again."

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

some more info..

i am running windows 7.. but windows 7 has already asked me to authorize the programs and I also followed the secondary login thing on this forum which I manually enabled the exectuables to run as admin in HEM folder..

not sure what to do from here.. postgres is stil ltelling me the same error.

Reinstall postgresql using these directions - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

bboysiren
12-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok so I did everything.. and my HEM was working for awhile.

I reinstalled postgres to the newest version, etc..

and today when trying to run HEM I get an error that says this...

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to contine. if you click quit, the application will close immediately.

The type initializer for 'scanner.form1' threw an exception."

Please help me!!!

under details tab it says this....

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Scanner.Global' threw an exception. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager\FishFinder.txt' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at Scanner.Log.ClearLog()
at Scanner.Log..ctor(String name)
at Scanner.Global..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Scanner.Form1..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Scanner.Form1.get_Instance()
at HoldemManager.frmMain3.g()
at HoldemManager.frmMain3..ctor(frmLoading LoadingForm)
at HoldemManager.frmLoading.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.9.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.9.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
DevComponents.DotNetBar2
Assembly Version: 8.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/DevComponents.DotNetBar2.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Assembly Version: 3.2.2000.0
Win32 Version: 3.2.2000.3813
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
HEMGUI
Assembly Version: 1.0.9.84
Win32 Version: 1.0.9.84
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/HEMGUI.DLL
WindowsFormsIntegration
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
HoldemVision
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemVision.DLL
PresentationFramework
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
LeakBuster2.5
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Holdem%20Manager/LeakBuster2.5.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

bboysiren
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Also, once i hit continue to just try it.. HEM will begin its validating process and freeze, nothing else will happen

fozzy71
12-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Which Firewall and Anti-Virus are you using?

I know you reinstalled postgresql, but have you reinstalled HM with Revo yet? I think you should try a clean install of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20816

bboysiren
12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
I am using AVG for virus scanner and I guess my microsoft default for firewall.

Ok i'll try reinstalling again but I just did.

bboysiren
12-22-2009, 02:23 AM
ok I got everything to work but now I have another problem.. argh.

Ok so im playing on stars and my hand histories will NOT save.

I have gone through PS options, instand hand history, save HH is on and I have the folder set up etc..

then I use that same folder in auto import in HEM.

The problem is that no matter how many hands I see, my hand history folder I selected is still empty.

Please advise?

netsrak
12-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Create and choose a different folder in the Stars client for a test, for example c:\stars.history and configure this as auto-import folder in HM.

bboysiren
12-23-2009, 03:58 AM
wow this is a headache

Ok so I cannot get any hand histories to save to my comp. I tired a different folder etc but it will not save.

I have everything set up correctly through poker stars hand history option...

whats goin on?

Please advise.

bboysiren
12-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Would copying and pasting my old config file into HEM folder have any effect on this?

I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patvs
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
PokerStars is not saving your HH despite the fact you have save HH turned on in PokerStars??

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73

PokerStars stopped saving hands in ProgramFiles/PokerStars/Handhistories,
their new default folder is Users/your user name/Appl Data (which is a hidden folder)/Local/PokerStars/Handhistories

fozzy71
12-23-2009, 12:17 PM
How do I configure Holdem Manager to work with PokerStars? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=147)

bboysiren
12-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Ok I got my hand histories to save. I had to set it to a different folder outside my program files.

Anyhow, even tho I have my hand histories saving, my hud will NOT launch, and my HEM will not auto import from the folder.

I have set the correct auto import folder etc.

Weird thing is, when I do manual import to the same folder, HEM will import and process files... yet when I have the auto import folder to the SAME folder, it will not do anything.

I am running the latest beta.. 1.10 beta 4.

Ive been trying to get this to run for the past 2 weeks.. please advise.

bboysiren
12-24-2009, 05:51 AM
ok nvm, i got it.. i reinstalled HEM and it seems to work.. didnt before. thanks

bboysiren
01-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Ok, more problems... my auto import does not work anymore.. I have pokerstars saving hand histories corectly, I can manually import from the folder without any problems..

so whats goin on here? I have had nothing but issues with HEM and windows 7 :(

please note, my auto import was working fine a few days ago, but my hud was not working right.. basically when i started auto import, it would import but my HUD interface would be scrambled all over, and when I adjusted the hud stats on one table, it did not carry through on the others.

PLEASE ADVISE!!

bboysiren
01-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Ok, I downgraded to 1.09.03 and my hud works, my auto import works, but my hud interface is all screwed up.. the scrambling problem still remains.

Would seating preferences have anything to dowi th this?

What number would i use for poker stars 9 players when I want to sit directly at 6 o clock?

Please advise, I cannot play with the hud being this way..

netsrak
01-04-2010, 05:26 AM
configure Stars preferred seating and seating preferences in HM accordingly. The seats are numbered clockwise starting left from the dealer.

* open one Table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* Table manager -> Table -> Save positions
* Now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

For your Windows 7 problems: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21121