PDA

View Full Version : Postgres Help

tjr08
09-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, I've been using Hold Em Manger for months now and last night this message pops up when I goto run it.

First Box
"The Following error occurred when trying to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'

Second Box
DB Control Panel
Holdem Manager has determined that you are running micrsoft vista. In order to have Holdem Manager run
you should do the following.

1 - Disable User Access Control in your control Panel - Users Section. This is needed in order to properly
install PostgresSQL

2 - Righ click Holdem.exe in your Holdem Folder, select properties and go to the second tab and make sure
it runs as admin.

3 - Repeat for hud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe

I double checked everything made sure HEM was updated, anyone had to error or know how to fix it? I've been running Postgres since I got HEM.

* I followed the site that showed me how to manually set up Postgres, when I did this it said "Error 3 : The system can't find the path specified.

Im unsure what to do from here.

tjr08
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm also using postgresql 8.2, I downloaded 8.3 from the Database Control Panel on HEM, but when I enter my password during installation it is saying invalid username/password entered, so I just leave the password field blank and it says the same thing. I also updated HEM to .03g

fabio
09-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Just use another "Account name" in the first of the 2 windows where you have eo enter a password.