PDA

View Full Version : Database Control Panel problem

koningwv
11-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi, just bought a new laptop with windows 7. I got HM installed on my dekstop and it works perfect. Now I want to install HM as well on my laptop.

I installed postgres and HM, I filled in the registration key at HM and then you get the database control panel (with server name, port number, login name and password)
If i keep it standard: postgres as login name and postgrespass as password, i push the connect button. The next problem appears:

the username and/or password is incorrect. would you like to have holdem manager configure the database to accept this login and password? When I say NO, nothing is gonna happen, when I say YES: Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to make this change.

I don't know what the problem could be. If anybody could help me here, would me pretty nice :) thanks!

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

koningwv
11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=66

The secondary logon is fixed, that worked. But i donīt know how to this: Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.
How can I find holdem manager/dbcontrolpanel. exe, i can't even find hm in my program files.

After that:

If i try to go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data that page doesnīt exist.

I am really gettin crazy because of HM combined with windows 7. I am so bad in computer stuff.

Thanks for your help again.

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 01:12 PM
How can I find holdem manager/dbcontrolpanel. exe, i can't even find hm in my program files.

Start > Computer and browse to your program files. If you are on 64 bit W7 you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.

If i try to go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data that page doesnīt exist.

If you are on 64 bit W7 you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.x\data

koningwv
11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Start > Computer and browse to your program files. If you are on 64 bit W7 you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.

If you are on 64 bit W7 you need to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.x\data

ITS WORKING!

Thanks a lot fozzy71! Appreciate your help. Thanks again, hero!!

koningwv
11-27-2009, 03:54 PM
ITS WORKING!

Thanks a lot fozzy71! Appreciate your help. Thanks again, hero!!

pffffffff gettin crazy of holdem manager, don't know how to deal with the player alias, don't get my HUD working. anybody who can help me via Mikogo or something?

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

koningwv
11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

IT says it has no players attached to it.......

fozzy71
11-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Then you havent set it up properly. Please tell me the specific problem. What site(s) do you play? Can you search your individual poker names on the Reports tab? If you can find all of your site names, then you can create an alias to combine them. If you only play 1 site you have no reason to use the Player Alias option.