PDA

View Full Version : Short Review - first month using Leakbuster

Pureman
11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
At the beginning of this month I bought LeakBuster for HoldemManager. I'd like to take a few mins to give you guys some feedback.

First off I'd like to say one thing: THANK YOU. Since I started using LB my poker game has improved tremendously! Heck, I was barely a winning player with ~1BB/100 over ~500k hands playing Nl 200 Fullring - with what I thought was a "TAG" style. Using Leakbuster I now have a completely different view on my game. Leakbuster easily identified my 12 (TWELVE) major leaks and gave me advices on how to fix them. I'm now down to 2 leaks (yahyah 6 potentials ;-)) and with every leak I got rid of, my winrate increased. However, the most amazing thing isn't actually the winrate - it's the "feeling": since I've started using Leakbuster my game "feels" a lot smoother. Instead of winning small pots and losing big pots it's finally vice-versa!

I would just like to let you guys know how impressed I am by your programm. You are really doing a great job with LB. Compared to the price for personal coachings/cardrunners etc. it's the best and cheapest thing you can get to improve your poker game. Keep up the great work. The only thing I'm abit afraid of is that there won't be enough bad players if too many people start using Leakbuster :P.

Leak Buster Support
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Thank you. Getting unsolicited feedback from you guys is always rewarding to all of us. We enjoy hearing success stories and any feedback you have.

Continued success with your poker game!

Pony Ride
12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Want to give some feedback, too, after using Leak Buster for a while.

Things I feel are wrong:
1) Filter-videos. Structure and content of the videos at current is confusing and just raises up questions: a) The approximate amount of hands needed for this filter to take corrective actions? b) Should this filter show profit and how much? c) Which stats are important when using this filter and what should those stats be? Which ranges are definite leaks? d) Common leaks and pitfalls + proper examples?

I'd recommend doing a introduction video on how to use HEM (to filter out stats, sort out biggest wins and losses etc.) and not to include that to the 2min videos.

2) The videos suggested by "Step 2" should be leveled, let's say one is not 3betting at all --> Leak Buster suggests a basic 3betting video (why to 3bet?). One is 3betting just slightly less than the optimal range --> Leak buster suggests more advanced video how to do small changes and adjustments to "correct" 3bet range.

3) The "spreadsheet" is missing correlation between stats. I feel it shouldn't be all that difficult to do a simple differentiation between the stats of winning taggier and laggier style (how wider preflop range should affect postflop-stats). Also every limit is considered as one but the game is very different 20NL and 200NL. Shouldn't the optimal ranges be different, too?

I'm just saying that I feel that Leak Buster has an unrealized potential especially when it comes to players who are past the beginner-stage. I feel that the concept behind the product is great but the current implementation.. Not so good. As a more experienced somewhat solid player I sure feel disappointed to the bang I got for my bucks (a spreadsheet + poor quality videos).

Leak Buster Support
12-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

1) The filter videos address these question your brought up. Also, I think you have an old version because in step 6, it runs and highlights the filter leak for you.
2) We of course can continue to add content which we are doing, but this does also increase the development and price of the product.
3) There are some differentiation in the scoring of micro to small stakes (the impact certain stats have on winrate). The ranges suggested though are the same, because the approximate style to beat 20nl and 200nl do not differentiate as much as you'd think. We initially of course thought to have ranges for each and every level, and when we dissected the data, the stats were not very far off, so we merged the overal data.

Sorry to hear you don't feel it's of value for your experience level. Leak Buster is more than a spreadsheet and videos though to be fair. Send me your e-mail and I'll ship you a refund (I knew we'd have our 2nd refund at some point, so no problem). Sounds like you have an older version though too. There are new features, and we have several new things coming into the next version. See below:

There will be a new step 8 (now 9 steps). This step will display opponents who have given you the most trouble, along with their stats from report 1, and highlight areas where they are out of ideal ranges. It will also allow you to quickly replay hands you've played against them, similar to the vs. players window in HM.
http://pokerleakbuster.com/images/step 8n.jpg

Step 2 will now have a recommended filters button so that you can quickly check your leak and see how much you're actually losing from it.
http://pokerleakbuster.com/images/step2_filters_expanded.jpg

Step 6 will have a leak grader on a scale of 1 to 5 and display specific stats that are most important to focus on for that particular filter.

Step 4 will sort out and explain what kind of hand groupings you're having the most difficulty with, and will analyze what the main culprit is (playing them too passive, cold calling too much, playing out of position, etc...).

MASTERHOLMES
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
your update post there has really impressed me.

i felt in my previous post that the trouble hand steps needed something to do as before it was just a video and the notion that it will point hand grouping sound extremely cool.

the other thing that i like is the improvement in leakbuster to point out what filters you should be focusing on when you use it.

kudos and can't wait for the beta 7 to try these things.

Demeis
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Hello. When I look at the leak buster thing on holdem manager, I see that there is a VIDEO.
That is a terrible thing for me. I am unable to understand spoken english. I know that is the case for most of us. At least, add subtitles.
I have tried 2 month ago and gave up ...
I have tried again today, and gave up again.

Subtitles at least, we are not all fluent in english. That is very Frustrating.
Or, make it all automatic. I say that because, to be honnest, I understand nothing at how it works, and I am not a total idiot.

Regards

Julie
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Hello. When I look at the leak buster thing on holdem manager, I see that there is a VIDEO.
That is a terrible thing for me. I am unable to understand spoken english. I know that is the case for most of us. At least, add subtitles.
I have tried 2 month ago and gave up ...
I have tried again today, and gave up again.

Subtitles at least, we are not all fluent in english. That is very Frustrating.
Or, make it all automatic. I say that because, to be honnest, I understand nothing at how it works, and I am not a total idiot.

Regards

We appreciate your response and concern. We will take this response into consideration and will address how/if we can honor this request.

TURKEY
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I will be purchasing LeakBuster very soon. I have modest expectations, and will be happy if the program helps me a little. Getting more poker information is always good, so I believe that the program is worth the money, although I haven't used it yet.

I just hope that the betas are infrequent; much less frequent than the betas for holdem manager, which are absolutely necessary due to poker site updates. I don't like to have to update software too often, and I hope there is not too much tinkering with the program, or at least I hope that it is not necessary to run betas often to run the program.

I hope LeakBuster doesn't become too popular. Paradoxically, if a large number of players use it, then a large number of players will perhaps have "near optimal stats", which would then change the parameters, and a new set of stats would then become optimal. However, my knowledge of human behavior indicates, that most people are basically stubborn, and resist change, even when it could make them money, so hopefully we won't see everyone playing 21/18, at six handed NL.

Leak Buster Support
01-30-2010, 10:07 PM
We think you'll enjoy it a lot. There's a number of things it will help with, but also just make examining your own game that much easier as well.

Once you get it, let us know what you think.