PDA

View Full Version : The ranges at pg 8 in the manual

idealdecor
11-27-2009, 05:55 AM
I dont have Leak Buster yet but I read the manual.
At top of page 8 the stats from a player are shown. Then Leak Buster give advice and the recommended range are shown. But this range are not similar to the advice you give in the article "Plugging leaks01 -overall". Its not even close to the sample you show in the recommended range at page 8 in manual.
How comes? Or the page 8 stats is about fullring (10 players) game?
I use the recommended stats from "Plugging leaks01 -overall" as I analyse my game and plug leaks.
If my VPIP for example is 15, the article tells me to raise that stat til between 18.3-20.2 to get the most profit play. But as I look in the manual page 8 from Leak Buster it say that the most profit range is between 15-21.
In the "Plugging leaks01 -overall"-article the range between 15-18.3 is the second worst (there are 5 ranges as you know).
Using Leak Buster tells me that if I have a VPIP of 15 it is all ok. But using the article tells me that I should raise that stat a lot as the range 15-18.3 is the second worst (til at least 18.3).
Looking at PFR Leak Buster tells me that the range 9-15 is the most profit. The article tells me that the most profit range is between 16.1-17.7 and the second best is more than 17.7.
How comes you give different advice? I am confused I got to say. But I really hope that the ranges from page 8 is about fullring. And then I also hope that 6seat stats is syncronised with the article ranges. Or its useless buying Leak Buster.

Leak Buster Support
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi, good question. We didn't write the plugging leaks article. I think it's a great article, but how Leak Buster goes about getting ranges and doing it's scoring is a lot different.

I really don't know too much about the article, but I'll say this. I think it's a good place to start if you're just trying to get your barrings on your game. That being said, my understanding is that they used submitted user database data, and leak buster used raw data directly from sites. The difference being of course is that if you get users submitting data, they can alter that data. Raw data can not be altered. Secondly, the leak article is a little older than the data in Leak Buster, and finally our sample size for collecting data is much larger.

Leak Buster is a lot more than just ranges though. That's just one aspect of it.

I hope that helps with your questions a bit.

idealdecor
12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi, good question. We didn't write the plugging leaks article. I think it's a great article, but how Leak Buster goes about getting ranges and doing it's scoring is a lot different.

I really don't know too much about the article, but I'll say this. I think it's a good place to start if you're just trying to get your barrings on your game. That being said, my understanding is that they used submitted user database data, and leak buster used raw data directly from sites. The difference being of course is that if you get users submitting data, they can alter that data. Raw data can not be altered. Secondly, the leak article is a little older than the data in Leak Buster, and finally our sample size for collecting data is much larger.

Leak Buster is a lot more than just ranges though. That's just one aspect of it.

I hope that helps with your questions a bit.

Ok. The ranges mentioned in Leak Buster manual is about fullring I now found out.
The 6seat ranges syncronise with the article quite well and thats the most important.
I think you should use ranges in same way as in the article (5 different ranges for each stat) as the ranges in Leak Buster is too general. A range between 15-21 for example is very wide. Maybe 19-21 is very profit but 15-16 is not that profit and 17-19 is just ok for a specific stat. Then 15-21 is too wide if you see my point.
Leak Buster is a very good idea though if you ask me but it can be developped a bit.

Leak Buster Support
12-03-2009, 03:52 AM
That's what we have a scoring system for. :) When you buy it, this will become more clear.