PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Service Configuration problem

Duncan Luck
11-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Ok, I am new to holdem Manager I just purchased the low stakes manager and when I try to install PostgreSQL The Domain Name has been changed already I have never changed it and I do not know what the password is... if I change the domain name it creates a new account for me generates a crazy password and in the screen that follows when I try and create as password tells me The specfied data driectory is not empty
If you have an existing database with the same major version number you do not need to intialize a database cluster.... I do not know what to do otr how to get My holdem manager to connect with my holdem manager... I am lost... any help would be great..

Patvs
11-26-2009, 03:55 AM
-1 Completely uninstall PostgreSQL 8.x
-2 Delete the current SQL user name (default is "postgres")

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

please use this new PostgreSQL version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/pginstaller.exe

Your problem is caused, because you let it autogenerate a crazy password during installation. In the SQL installation guide it's stated you should use "postgrespass" as the default password. But the new installer (link above) will automatically do that for you.