PDA

View Full Version : Custom Stat: Fold 2 Resteal

aaltvater
09-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Roy,

I wondered if you could help me create a "Fold 2 Resteal"-Stat. The general fold to 3-bet stat doesnt really help in steal-situations ;)

thx alot

morny
09-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi, its not possible to make custom stats at the moment. Maybe if you explain why you dont find the fold to 3bet stat useful or what your trying to achieve then i can help?

aaltvater
09-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Of course,

People usually openraise much much looser when sitting in Late Position (or the SmallBlind) in order to steal the blinds. Therefore I assume their fold to 3bet (in this case "fold to resteal") should be alot higher than in Early or Mid Position, since they have a much wider open-raising-range.

On the other side, there are people who normally call resteals very loose, since they are in position most of the time and can outplay their oponnents. But there are also people who call resteals very tight.

So being able to determin which kind of villain we are facing when being stealed, should significantly increase our Edge against stealers.

Thats why I woul be very happy to see a "Fold to Resteal"-Stat in my HUD :)

thx alot!

morny
09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah this is a stat im eager to see aswell but its quite a big job since it not being comiled in the database currently so well have to wait a while for it. FWIW that % is pretty accurate because the majority of 3betting goes on in CO/Button vs Button/SB and BB well certainly at 50nl-200nl anyway so the times they fold in EP,MP And CO wouldnt have a huge bearing although i do agree people might call lighter and that stats would be useful when it is integrated. Another useful stat we hope to add is Vs Villain stats so how often villain folds to 3bet vs us which can also be very variant depending on previous history or him thinking your always 3betting light against him etc

Marci123
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I would be happy to see this stat in the next update ;)

thx

wettongl
09-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Same here!!

That stat would be really great :) Some kind of 'editor' that can be used to define custom stats and make the DB calculate them, would be the "nonplusultra"!!

How about an Elite Version auf HM with that editor inside ^^

Another thing: doubleklicking on the * in the HUD changes the stats of this player to the daily stats on this table. Which is a really great feature!
How about another Button that changes the stats of all player on the table simoultanously to the daily stats? I know its just 4 doubleclicks, to change the stats of the two guys in front and behind me to daily stats and back to overall stats. But when playing many tables, 8 clicks per table on some tiny spots are A LOT.

thx in advance!
wettongl

Andimann
10-09-2008, 03:06 AM
that will be a great stats for me too :)

Andimann
10-23-2008, 12:37 PM
i would like to push this on top of to do list ;)

It is a very important stat and helps to identify good spots.

Please think about it ;)

Steal from CU,BU,SB and fold to Resteal from a position behind ;)

Thanks in advance
Andi

Rvg72
10-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Guys, doing this in the manager is really easy - doing it in the HUD is more difficult since HM precompiles data as it imports. However, we are working on a much improved set of compiled stats for use in the HUD.

I will add the stat to the manager in the next build

Rvg72
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
* (1.06.04 beta 15 NEW) New 3bet stats in manager - fold to 3bet from each position and % of time player was 3bet from each position and overall

So they are in the manager in the next build and we'll be working towards getting all of this in the HUD over the next month or so

Roy

Azalin
10-25-2008, 04:13 AM
I love you Roy :D

Andimann
11-14-2008, 06:23 PM
* (1.06.04 beta 15 NEW) New 3bet stats in manager - fold to 3bet from each position and % of time player was 3bet from each position and overall

So they are in the manager in the next build and we'll be working towards getting all of this in the HUD over the next month or so

Roy

thanks a lot :)

Ggrognon
12-23-2008, 11:17 AM
In addition, I would like to correct one of the posts above.
"fold/call/raise to resteal" are very often far different from "fold/call/raise to 3bet".

I had PT before coming recently to HoldemManager, I used to display "Fold to Resteal" and I can tell you that it was very different from "Fold to 3bet". That's why that stat was so much important in my HUD. And of course, I had huge samples to conclude that.
Resteal situations are really a specific context, for sure.

BTW, I see you do your best and I understand that you cannot break the whole database conception just for that stat. I only wanted to bring that precision.

Thanks for all what you do.

threads13
12-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Roy

I've looked all over for these stats but I must be overlooking them. Could someone point me in the right directoin? I'm using 1.07.

Andimann
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
push this topic for HUD integration ;)

Really important.

Thanks for implementation (hopefully in a near future^^).

Andi

MARC1981
03-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Is the fold steal to 3bet stat available yet?

morny
03-03-2009, 07:12 AM
No but theyll be added soon along with bunch more stats

3betsuperhero
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Where I can find fold to 3bet from each position?
I don't see it in my HUD.
is it something like sum(co_vs_raise_ip_fold)/sum(co_vs_raise_ip_call+co_vs_raise_ip_raise+co_vs _raise_ip_fold)
in the database?

Have version 1.10

******Update********

Sorry, I found it in HUD)
But I'm interesting, where this stat in database?

3betsuperhero
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I want to use fold to resteal stat in my custom query, so if anyone knows how to select this stat from the database I will be gratefull!

3betsuperhero
06-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Somebody? This stat is very important for game analyze.
I Just want to know in what table this stat located? This is like a magic to me:confused: