PDA

View Full Version : 1.12.10 question

inavacuum
04-14-2012, 04:35 AM
Every since upgrading to this version of HM, a file called blitzerr.txt keeps appearing in my C: root directory. I assume this is something HM related? If I roll back pre-HM update using system restore, it stops happening.

Patvs
04-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Blitz was the codeword for "Zoom" poker on PokerStars.

It will only temporarily create this file by HoldemManager, so it enables us to log / track if the Zoom hands are imported properly.
And in a future HoldemManager update it will be removed (or you can delete it yourself) from the root folder. (or you can already delete it if you don't play Zoom)

inavacuum
04-14-2012, 01:46 PM
As long as I have a confirmed reason that it's appearing, that's fine, not a problem. Incidentally, deleting the file is pointless as it will recreate/update itself frequently.

praetor
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
is it possible to stop this file from being created? It kind of annoys me just sitting there in my C:\ drive doing nothing

Patvs
08-12-2012, 05:25 PM
No, it will always be created, even if you don't play Zoom.
You could right click on the file--> make it a 'hidden' file.

inavacuum
08-16-2012, 05:45 AM
Another thing you can do if you like, to stop the file being constantly updated by HM is just put whatever you want in the body of the text then change it to read-only and it will remain the same forever.

eilat-one
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Blitz was the codeword for "Zoom" poker on PokerStars.

It will only temporarily create this file by HoldemManager, so it enables us to log / track if the Zoom hands are imported properly.
And in a future HoldemManager update it will be removed (or you can delete it yourself) from the root folder. (or you can already delete it if you don't play Zoom)

you wrote that april 2012

so when will this annoying file be removed from the root directory or not re-created in the root directory and why is it there in the first place? why can't you put somethin glike that in the hm installation folder instead of spamming that "crap" all around the hard drive

and what about rusherr.txt ... is that from hm too ?

Patvs
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Rusherr.txt is the same file for Rush poker on Full Tilt.

There currently are no plans to change the location of these files.
Because "C:/" is the only location that won't cause any read-only issues.

In Program Files/ or /Users/[...]/AppData subfolders or any other (system) folder, it can occur the file can't be updated if the folder has 'read only' attributes.

eilat-one
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
so 99% of other software developers can manage not to spam the root directory C:\ but you are too incompentent? because that's the only conclusion i - as a software developer myself - can get out of this ...

also you make half hearted promises to remove this behavior in a future release but then you don't ... i wish i never heard of this software and never paid for it ...

Patvs
11-08-2013, 10:42 PM
We also put speederr.txt in the root directory C:/.

Yes, the developer seems a bit indifferent in spamming the root directory C:/.