PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Speeds and Reinstalling Postgres?

RKB
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I just recently reinstalled postgres going from 8.3 to 8.4 and reimported all my HH's. When all the SnG's were imported most of the superturbos show up in the database as turbos. Is there any way I can do a bulk tourney speed edit for such filtered buyins? That way I can differentiate between my turbos and superturbos and not just the buyins.

Also, I'm getting ready to change my OS I keep my database on a seperate HD. So when I reinstalled postgres I had to go download the 'original' installer b/c the HEM provided 8.4 installer automatically installed itself to C:. However with the original 8.4 installer I do not recall there being an 'initialize database cluster' option to untick during installation. Is this something that postgres will recognize, another DB, when I reinstall and then offer me that database cluster option? Or do I need to backup the DB, uninstall postgres, reinstall, then add the backup?

Thanks

fozzy71
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
I just recently reinstalled postgres going from 8.3 to 8.4 and reimported all my HH's. When all the SnG's were imported most of the superturbos show up in the database as turbos. Is there any way I can do a bulk tourney speed edit for such filtered buyins? That way I can differentiate between my turbos and superturbos and not just the buyins.

tourney > results > dataview

Ctrl+Click multiple tourneys or Shift+Click a range of tourneys. Right-Click > Edit Tourney Speed

Also, I'm getting ready to change my OS I keep my database on a seperate HD. So when I reinstalled postgres I had to go download the 'original' installer b/c the HEM provided 8.4 installer automatically installed itself to C:. However with the original 8.4 installer I do not recall there being an 'initialize database cluster' option to untick during installation. Is this something that postgres will recognize, another DB, when I reinstall and then offer me that database cluster option? Or do I need to backup the DB, uninstall postgres, reinstall, then add the backup?

Thanks

I am assuming you used the enterprise db installer, like I do. Our new installer in the stickies is to try and make it as simple as possible, for 98% of the users. I too prefer to put my DB elsewhere. During install you will point the installer at your \data directory. The installer is smart enough to know there is a DB, and will inform you of such on the next screen. I have done the same thing you are about to do, countless times.

RKB
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Thank you Mr. Fozzy..