PDA

View Full Version : What does 'Fix EV for Current Player' Do Exactly? (I have 2 different EV numbers now)

professorpain
11-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Whenever I run "fix ev for current player", it destroys my Omaha winrate and has me wondering if I am not really a winning player. It also results in me having two different EV numbers in the Report and Sessions tab, see below.

1. Is "fix ev for current" relevant to Omaha?

2. Why are the EV numbers different in my Sessions and Report tab?

3. What does "fix ex for current player" do exactly? how are these changes calculated?

http://picve.com/images/1e16cqtqxcu8txa6n3ml_thumb.jpg (http://picve.com/viewer.php?file=1e16cqtqxcu8txa6n3ml.jpg)

Patvs
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
3. What does "fix ex for current player" do exactly? how are these changes calculated?

The "fix ev for current player" was a bugfix to fix the ev for older cashgame hands. (HEM made a mistake in EV calculation before) The "fix for ev for current player" prevented players the agony of having to reimport all their hands into a NEW database.

If you recently imported those Omaha hands, the EV was correct the first time, and you should not have used the "fix ev for current player".
Though, thanks for noticing it screws up the ev for Omaha, will forward that to the software developer.

professorpain
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
That is a load off my shoulders but I am still confused why, if the EV was already correct, would fix EV change it.

professorpain
11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
bump

fozzy71
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I have asked him to make a reply here.

Mike chops
11-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for joining.

The fix EV corrected a problem with multiway pots. Larger stacks were getting short-changed in EV$ because the short stack's hand was considered in calculating the chance of winning side pots. The fix works by internally reimporting all the all-in hands the current player was in. There shouldn't be a problem with recently imported hands.

I found it wasn't a big difference in NLHE 6-max - maybe a buyin over 20k-30k hands. I could believe the effect was larger for PLO with more all-in situations.

I'm not sure why the EV is different in the session and report tabs. Mine are the same. Possibly because the fix doesnt corrent session stats? I'll have to ask Roy.

professorpain
11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
so then, since these hands are recent i should again assume that the ev was right the first time. i still don't get why if it was right the first time it would change the second time? is "fix all-in ev" designed solely for holdem hands?

professorpain
11-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Ok guys, I did some of my own research cause I wanted to be 100% and not risk playing a game I was actually minus EV in.

The "fix all-in EV" for current player does some really weird stuff to Omaha hands and you might want to look into it, cause, if some people just randomly scroll through HEM and click on it, thinking it harmless, it could screw up their database and create false impressions.

For some hands, the equity is listed as -100%.

On one hand, I went all-in on the flop and 2 players called. They then checked it down, so my EV $ Diff should be $0, instead its -100% equity and the pot I won was $150, so EV $ Diff was listed as -$150.

Other hands were similar with -100% equity.

The flaw lies somewhere in multiway pots where Hero is all-in and the players check it down (which obviously makes sense given your description of how it works). It then lists hero's equity as -100% and his EV $ diff as minus the value of the pot.

hope that is clear.

Mike chops
11-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Prof,

Could you email me a hand history that shows the problem?

mike@holdemmanager.net

RabbitFish72
11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello, where can I find the EV fix? Thx for help.

Patvs
11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
The "Fix EV" doesn't exist anymore.

You'll need to reimport all the original handhistories into a new empty HoldemManager database, using the latest version, 1.11.05a