PDA

View Full Version : Ongame - cant detect correct tourney buy-in

pokernoob
11-23-2009, 11:36 PM
HEM can detect all SNG buy-ins below $54. Above $54 HEM will tag it as an $11 SNG.
I'm sure with the $54 but I dont know about the higher tourney buy-ins
This issue is present even in the old betas, what info do you need to fix this?

Patvs
11-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Sent a handhistory of one of the $54+ buyins to roy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

The problem is caused by the Ongame handhistories that do not clearly state in it what the buyin is. So HoldemManager must get the information from the "tournament/SNG number".

Santosvella
11-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes, but weirdly enough, the $11/22/33 are all correctly imported with the proper buyin info. The bugginess only starts with the $54+ that are improperly imported as $11.

Since the $54+ on Ongame have a 2000 chip starting stack instead of the regular 1500, wouldn't there be a way to detect the tourney buyin from that info if tourney number doesn't work for some reason?

And if all else fails, couldn't you just implement a way for HEM to recalculate the EV of all hands in a given tourney once buyin info for this tourney has been manually changed?

Patvs
11-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Since the $54+ on Ongame have a 2000 chip starting stack instead of the regular 1500, wouldn't there be a way to detect the tourney buyin from that info if tourney number doesn't work for some reason?

Thanks for bringing up the stack size difference. HEM can't detect these differences by itself, our programmers need to add them to the program code. Could you email a link to this thread + the handhistory of a $54+ SNG to support@holdemmanager.net ?

Santosvella
11-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have any raw HH available since I get rid of them daily.
What I'm going to do instead is play a single set of 4 sngs with exactly one game of each buyin (i.e. $11/22/33/54) and send you this file, hopefully making it easier for you guys to spot and fix the issue.

Also, please note that, weirdly enough, the beta that I was still using until August 29th of this year (unfortunately I can't precisely remember which one it was) DID automatically and correctly import $54s as $54s.
Of course, this was already way after Ongame went through its latest major update and changed the starting stack sizes for $54+ sngs.

Rvg72
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have any raw HH available since I get rid of them daily.
What I'm going to do instead is play a single set of 4 sngs with exactly one game of each buyin (i.e. $11/22/33/54) and send you this file, hopefully making it easier for you guys to spot and fix the issue.

Also, please note that, weirdly enough, the beta that I was still using until August 29th of this year (unfortunately I can't precisely remember which one it was) DID automatically and correctly import $54s as $54s.
Of course, this was already way after Ongame went through its latest major update and changed the starting stack sizes for $54+ sngs.

Hi, once ongame changed to text files they no longer keep any buyin information in the hand history. We try to match up the tourney number with a template list so if you can provide us a hand history for a $54 then we could add that to our list. Unfortunately the file you sent me had a mix of lots of tourneys and I don't know which is which so I can't do anything with it!

Roy

Santosvella
11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi, once ongame changed to text files they no longer keep any buyin information in the hand history. We try to match up the tourney number with a template list so if you can provide us a hand history for a $54 then we could add that to our list. Unfortunately the file you sent me had a mix of lots of tourneys and I don't know which is which so I can't do anything with it!

Roy

For the record, it wasn't me who sent you this file, I didn't have time to play until today.
I just sent you a HH file which includes ONLY a $54 and a $11 tourney. Hopefully, this will give you an easy way to compare both and find the issue.
Unfortunately, I didn't make it ITM in the $54, I hope that's not a probelm.

Rvg72
11-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi Diego, this change has been made for the 1.10 beta which will be out in a few days.

Most likely the $54 tourneys you were playing before that worked used a different tourney ID other than 1353 since we have many other $54 tourneys already in our tourney template database for ongame.

Roy

wooysiah
12-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi guys,

I just finish my trial period with HEM and I like it very much, but since I play a lot of sngs I would like to see this one fixed too. Will the change read the higher buy-ins (108+) as well or you need some additional hh's?

Regards,
wooysiah

wooysiah
12-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Bump.

I purchased HEM despite this bug, but please let me know if the higher buyins will be correctly read, I just downloaded 1.10b2 and in the whatsnew I haven't seen this fix listed. Or is it there, just not listed?

wooysiah

netsrak
12-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Please send the originial handhistory files with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net and we can have a look at it.