PDA

View Full Version : Problem with W$SD and split pots in Omaha Hi/Lo

DedMazay
11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Let me once again point out to the same problem. I'm using Omaha Manager Profession, version 1.09.02. Recently I discovered that HM doesn't count split pots in Omaha Hi/Lo as W$SD.

For example, using one specific filter i got 17 showdown hands. From that number, 7 hands were won by me (whole pot or 3/4 pot), 6 hands where split pots (I loss the rake amount), and 4 hands where lost by me. HM shows my W$SD for these 17 hands as 41,2%. I beleive that this number calculated as 7/17.

By description (see FAQ) "Won $ At Showdown = How often you win a positive amount when you see a showdown." Frankly speaking, in the split pot I don't win "positive amount", neither my opponent. But either I didn't lost that pot! If we just omit split pot hands from my example above, my W$SD will be 7/11 which is, let say, more correctly represent my performance than current 41,2%

So my opinion is that HM incorrectly calculates W$SD for Omaha Hi/Lo. I woud like to discuss is it really a "Bug", and how it can be corrected.

DedMazay
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Sorry for crosspost, but didn't realize that old thread where i posted my message was not in "Manager bugs".

Please find problem description here:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?p=106206#post106206

fozzy71
11-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.net

DedMazay
12-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry for the delay, just sent hand samples to support.