PDA

View Full Version : Postgres Cloud Server

pazzorilancio
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey all

So I'm thinking of buying a server in the cloud somewhere to host my postgres database for backups, ease of moving around and keeping an up to date databse and much more advantages of using the cloud.

Buying a server just for postgres seems a bit overkill. Does anyone know a good postgres only provider with good connectivity to UK and US?

If not, I'd be happy teaming up with a few people and sharing a server with a load of HEM users splitting the cost by however many want to use it. Would only be a few bucks per month I imagine depending on how many people want in..

Thanks

p.s great software - keep it up :)

_Loki_
11-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I think you should go here & subscribe to this emailing list:
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/domain=postgresql.org?func=lists-long-full&extra=pgsql-general

It's for the postgresql community - If you subscribe you can ask your question & I'm certain you'll get good answers

This is the email address for sending posts, but subscribe first:
pgsql-general@postgresql.org (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)

The site maintains a list of "postgresql hosting providers" in a zipped format - to view the list just google the above 3-word expression. The providers aren't rated - so you maybe could ask the community who's stable & good value for money

pazzorilancio
11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately all the postgres hosting providers simply provide databases created via a control panel.

The HEM software requires you to connect to a postgres IP with a username/password and then select a database (or create one) from there...

So It seems I need maybe a more dedicated one... Hmmm