PDA

View Full Version : Importing PS Tourney Summaries

The Minder
11-23-2009, 03:30 AM
Win XP Sp 2
HEM 1.09.02
Posgtres db UTF-8 format

So every now and then I get pokerstars to send me tourney summaries because I see that in Tourney > Results > Data View many of my SnGs don't have that little check in the Sum column. I like things neat and ordered.

I then copy/past the tourney results from my email prog into Notepad and save that data as YYMMDD.txt in utf-8 format. I then stop the HEM import and tell it to import from that file. HEM whirs, clicks and buzzes and tells me there were no errors. I know that to be a fact as HEM hasn't imported anything. My tourneys in HEM are still incomplete and the little Sum box is bare.

So I go back to Notepad, cut and paste the data again and this time save the file as YYMMDD-1.txt in ANSI format. Back into HEM, tell it to import from this file... again it whirs, clicks and buzzes and tells me there were no errors. This time all my tourneys in HEM are updated and all have the little Sum box checked. Ain't life grand?

Someone wanna tell me why?

netsrak
11-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I'll forward this to the developers..

The Minder
01-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm sure the developer has had time to look at this and provide a response. The problem remains for me in that HM will not always import PS summaries for all tournies no matter what format (UTF/ANSI) I use.

Today, I imported around 30 summaries and HM only updated about 10 tournies.

Currently on XP Sp2 and HM 1.10 Beta 7 (not going near beta 8)

netsrak
01-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Sorry, no solution so far.
I'll forward it again.

B-Money
01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm sure the developer has had time to look at this and provide a response. The problem remains for me in that HM will not always import PS summaries for all tournies no matter what format (UTF/ANSI) I use.

Today, I imported around 30 summaries and HM only updated about 10 tournies.

Currently on XP Sp2 and HM 1.10 Beta 7 (not going near beta 8)

Hi,

Things have been very hectic the last few months with all the new GUI changes and our new website that is going to launch any day. My apologizes. Not sure if you've emailed us a tournament with a summary that doesn't work, but once you do you'll be qued up in our bug hit list. If you email us the original tournament HH files along with the summary, it'll be tracked and we'll get it taken care of shortly. Once I see the HH files and summary email I'll flag it high priority so you're bumped to the top of the list.

Email the original HH files along with a summary that doesn't work to support@holdemmanager.net Please send a link in the email to this thread so we can see what's going on.

Thanks for you patience.
-B

The Minder
01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Files sent.

Hmmm... you must be confusing me with someone with a more affable nature. I'm fairly short fused when it comes to HM and tourney support. Nonetheless, resolution would be appreciated.

The Minder
01-21-2010, 06:58 AM
So, I email off the requested data to support and get this email back from Fabio:
Hi,

the tournament imported fine for me, even without the summary. After importing the summary, sum box was checked.

Please see attachments.

Fabio

Sure enough his attachments showed the data imported just fine and the 'sum' box was checked. I'm real glad that Fabio's system doesn't have the same problem mine does... or this guy here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=24957

Btw, I created a new database, imported all my old HHs and updated with tourney summaries from pokerstars emails and guess what, everything is now fine.

Now you can colour me crazy, but I would have thought that the developers would have been more interested in finding out what was wrong rather than proving their system is ok. I mean, they just might find something and stop it from happening again in the future.

B-Money
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
We're here to help everyone out as best as we can and we do take bug reports very seriously. Every effort is made to solve problems. You're hand histories were tested by multiple people shortly after your email arrived and we all came back with the same conclusion.

As for why it's magically working for you now? We can't duplicate your problem so it's impossible for us to tell you why it was broken. If you have more information that will help us duplicate your problem, please let us know and we'll research it further. If we can duplicate your bug, we can fix your bug.

GL,
-B