PDA

View Full Version : Time Stamping

PeaceFr0g
11-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure how the heck HEM figures out time stamping. I asked the other day if you can set your own parameters for when a day starts and think I was told no. Fine. But...

"between" dates seems to mean exactly that. Literally between dates. So between 11/1/09 and 11/03/09 give you data for just 11/2/09? That seems silly. Also...

If I view just "yesterday" HEM shows 3400 hands which is correct. If I view today so far, it says 1107 hands, which is again right. But how the heck do I view both yesterday and today together? If I select "after" and input yesterday's date (which I would think should show both yesterday and today), it only shows 3550 hands. Where the heck is it getting that?

In short, I think you guys should allow customizable starting times for days. If a session for one day takes me past midnight, I'd still like to consider it as the same day I started. So when I play the next day at 10am I know what I am for THAT day and don't have a half an hour of yesterdays data when I'm looking at today. For what it's worth, I think this is a serious design/engineering flaw in the software. It shouldn't be that hard to incorporate a way to set when your day starts. And there is obviously something messed up with the way it figures between dates and after dates as well. I did NOT play past midnight yesterday and yet it is giving me an erroneous figure both for result and number of hands for the two days combined. Just my two cents. Thanks.

netsrak
11-23-2009, 05:28 AM
The customizable start times are planned for the next releases.

_Loki_
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
I agree - it should have been integrated into the architecture from the start...

Along with an option to display dates in the sensible European dd/mm/yy :)

PeaceFr0g
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I agree - it should have been integrated into the architecture from the start...

Along with an option to display dates in the sensible European dd/mm/yy :)

Do you know how it displays dates now? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. If I select specific day for the last 3 days (Ex: 11/21, 11/22, and 11/23), the totals do not match the selection of "after" 11/21. And if I select "after" 11/22, the totals don't match todays or the totals for 11/22 and 11/23. So something's really messed up.

Lastly, can anyone tell me what the number is on the bottom of the total bar under Reports? It looks to be some total of hands (it's under Game Type Description), but it does not match the hand total under "hands" for the date(s) selected for. I'm really confused. Thanks for any help.

_Loki_
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Peacefr0g

I only play at PokerStars - one benefit is I don't have your zones problem since the PS client allows me to select my timezone (WET)

I'm able to view a true day as it applies for me - my number of hands over a selected time interval is correct

Probably a stupid suggestion, but...

Assuming you play at one site only... perhaps it's possible to change your PC time to match the poker client time ? (don't know what you'd do about existing DB though)