PDA

View Full Version : Can I avoid "Force on top" ?

_Loki_
11-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Hi

In HUD Options > Table Preferences:
Q1. What is WYSIWYG for ?

XP 32-bit, .NET 3.5 SP1 & Latest HM beta...
I play only on PokerStars & I have to use "Force on top"
Q2. Is this normal ?

** I would rather not use "Force on top" if possible, because when I call up the PS or HM instant HH reports I have to slide them around to avoid the HUD stats - If I don't use "Force on top" the stats disappear for a while when I interact with the table - even just hovering the mouse over a stat to bring up a pop-up will cause the stats to drop out for a while

netsrak
11-22-2009, 07:34 AM
1. WYSIWIG is for moving the stats simultaneously on all open tables.

2. the use of "Force on top" is only necessary for special hardware / graphic card combinations. The only workarounds we have is to update graphics/video drivers, use no desktop themes or change the opacity.

_Loki_
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
update graphics/video drivers
use no desktop themes
change the opacity

Drivers are up-to-date
No themes - I have XP optimised for performance
No opacity used
No multi-panels

... & No change

fozzy71
11-22-2009, 02:01 PM
XP is updated to SP3? Is stars the only site you play? In my experience you dont need force on top for stars. Sites like Ongame and Cereues Force On Top is usually necessary. I recently needed to use force on top after updating to 1.09, but that corrected itself and it is working properly again. Have you tried deleting all your HUD preference files?

Copy your \config folder and paste it to the same location, so you have a backup.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

_Loki_
11-22-2009, 03:39 PM
XP is updated to SP3?
Is stars the only site you play?
In my experience you dont need force on top for stars

Yes
Yes
Mine also

Have you tried deleting all your HUD preference files?

No

Copy your \config folder and paste it to the same location, so you have a backup.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

I just tried your solution Mr F & ...

It worked - thank you !!

I had to start using "force on top" quite recently, but losing my HUD stats didn't coincide with an HM update
Could a PS update cause this ?

fozzy71
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
I am not sure that would cause it. More likely is that something happened to your prefs.xml file to make that force on top feature not act properly. If you customize your HUD make sure you create a new config and dont customize the default HUD config. Then you can export and backup the individual HUD's. If your prefs.xml file ever becomes corrupt again, or you reinstall, etc. You can just import the custom HUD's.

_Loki_
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
will do - thnx