PDA

View Full Version : After reinstall HM and reset code, did I just lost $80?

2downson
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Suddenly I can't connect to postgresql. I understand it's caused by a Windows update. But I couldn't fix it following the solutions found here.

While trying to fix it, I uninstalled and resintalled postgresql and holdemmanager several times. Also I accidentally clicked the "reset code" button in my HM account page. Now the account page only shows one computer instead of two associated with the HM serial number I paid $80 for in August.

In the future, if somehow I can fix the postgresql problem, can I still use HM on this computer? or do I have to purchase another serial number?

fozzy71
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Suddenly I can't connect to postgresql. I understand it's caused by a Windows update. But I couldn't fix it following the solutions found here.

You will possibly end up having to install a clean DB. What sites do you play?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

While trying to fix it, I uninstalled and resintalled postgresql and holdemmanager several times. Also I accidentally clicked the "reset code" button in my HM account page. Now the account page only shows one computer instead of two associated with the HM serial number I paid $80 for in August.

How many computers are you using currently? You are allowed to use your code on 2 machines at once. If you have 1 PC, you can just use the PC#2 option to register it again. Later if you need to install it to a new PC you can reset PC#1.

In the future, if somehow I can fix the postgresql problem, can I still use HM on this computer? or do I have to purchase another serial number?

You should be able to use the registration page to reset your license, repeatedly.

2downson
11-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Hi, I'm playing at PokerStars and FullTilt. My PC has Windows Vista, Windows Firewall and no anti-virus software. I found different posts here with different solutions to this postgresql problem. Please point me to the right thread.

Currently I'm using one PC. But I also installed the code on another laptop, which my friend took to another city.(I don't think he is using the HEM though) Should I ask him to register for me from that laptop?

Also I can't find link on my account page or the HEM home page to reset the code. Could you please give me a link to that page?

Thank you for the help.

netsrak
11-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Your license is only valid for 2 of your own computers not for your friends one.

For resetting your license please use our registration system - link in my signature.
Please create an account there (you can use the same name as in the forum) enter your key and you can reset it.