PDA

View Full Version : HEM lag, stops importing

Bigpig
11-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey guys,

I need a bit of help.

After an hour and a half, or once i get up to ~18 tournaments (i dont know which one), my HEM starts to lag my computer. I look at HEM and it is importing hands really slowly. Also, it says its importing a large amount of files (i think). The HUD freezes, consequently the stats i have on players are wrong and i can't look at the more detailed stats. Then i tilt and cut my sessions short :(

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp311/grantdorey/HEMprob.jpg
this is what it looks like.

I bought a Dell vostro 220 last year.
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E840 3.00GHz
2gb Ram
32 bit OS
I was planning on adding extra ram myself, because Dell's is overpriced. I've asked around and people think that its probably not the ram. Also, 32bit Os will only recognise 1 more gb of Ram.
During playing i usually have skype, windows media player, and firefox running.

Ive tried almost all the quick fixes/performance tips.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Options > Miscellaneous Options > Change Archive Duration > 5

Move the files in the handhistory folder to your \hmarchive folder and import them via import file or import from folder.

Try a new session with auto-import. A new handhistory file should be generated.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

Bigpig
11-21-2009, 09:47 PM
here u go.

Also, I have permission to take out a 2gb stick of RAM from my brothers computer. It'll replace one of my 1gb sticks. will let u know if it helps.

pleeeaase work.

netsrak
11-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Please check your Stars handhistory folder and delete all files you find in there or move them to a different folder. This folder should be empty except the files for the current tables you are playing.

And try the performance tips from the link in my signature.