PDA

View Full Version : missing hands import error

jblade81
09-13-2008, 03:10 AM
So HEM was importing hands fine, then today I played a session and it was missing 10 hands from what stars said, and was missing $$ won. Later played another session and it worked fine.

I had stars send me all the HH for that block were it missed the 10 hands. I tried to manually import them and it said they were all duplicate with 10 errors.
Then I tried to re-import that file and it now says found 0 files to process.

How do I go about getting those 10 hands into HEM?

microbob
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I have version 1.06.03f and it misses a little over 1/6 of the hands I played today (according to Stars in the 'Stats' window which has never been wrong as far as I know).

I played over 6k hands according to Stars but HEM shows me as only 5k hands.

I noticed that some of my new opponents at the table didn't seem to be updating as much as they should. I had one opponent who I was keeping an eye on. It was a full-ring table. After 3 orbits I only had 12 hands on him...so it seemed to be missing quite a few of those.

Very very weird and frustrating.

Before Stars changed their HH stuff I missed 4 hands out of 6k which I was fine with but certainly would appreciate being fixed. But no huge deal.
But missing 1k hands out of 6k (if my observations are correct) is definitely a big deal.

Will update to the newer version of PT2 (I assume they had to fix for the new Stars HH's also) to see how many it picked up.

I'm digging my HEM but missing that many hands does not make me happy.

microbob
09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
okay, this is weird.
In some part of HEM it appears to have the correct number of hands. It just doesn't show them all as if there were some kind of filter on or something. Can't figure it out.

When I click the 'change' button to change the name of the player it shows a number with that player in the little box for the number of hands I have on him. But when I go to look at that player's stats it never matches what I had in the box.

For example, for my own name it lists 137k hands but when I look at my stats it only lists 132k.
Same for one of my opponents: It lists 138 hands in the box when I click 'change' (exactly the same number of hands I have for that player in PT) but when I look at his stats it only shows 84 hands.

I can't see how any hands are getting filtered out. I have it listed for 'all hands' and also 'no filter'. Seems strange.

microbob
09-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Okay - I read in this thread http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=2066 a recommendation to start a new database.
So I did that and imported all from my 'old hh' folder and now they all show up.

So I guess I now have a lot of duplicate hands across both of the databases which I'm not thrilled about but I can live with.

I would like to know why setting up a new database fixes this problem.
I would also like to know if setting up new databases is something I should be doing frequently.
As far as I know, the HUD only works with one database, right? I would prefer to just use one database if possible but it seems that the 2nd one was necessary to get all these hands imported properly.

jblade81
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Yes seems very odd that all but 10 HH for me at least. And still works fine as of right now but those ten are missing.

I don't really mind making a new database but if this is going to be ongoing I would rather wait and do the new DB and re-import all my hands after there is a real solution.

morny
09-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Just a glitch we havent got a handle on yet that happens very occassionaly when importing alot of hands, should be fine after that so you can move all your HH to the new batch

microbob
09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
morny - When you say, "move hands to the new batch" do you mean to move all the hands from my first database to my second database?
Just want to make sure and I also am not certain how to do that.

morny
09-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, you need to export the HH which is shown in this FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12 then load the new database and import them files that you exported

jblade81
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
I had stars email me those hands that were missing, but if I understand this correctly those hands are saved by HEM.

If I create a new DB and import the old HH it should be fine. Is there still a chance that I will have to do this again or has this solved everyone's problems?

jblade81
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Also your support rocks!!!

microbob
09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
jblade - Yeah, having to do this over and over again would suck. I've only haad HEM for a couple months and haven't even pushed it that hard but it started missing all those hands. Hoping this gets straightened out.

Also agree that their support rocks. Their professionalism on these forums an willingness to help solve issues as they do (including setting up screen-share sessions or whatever they call them) very much impressed me and was a factor in my decision to switch (as well as it generally being much faster than PT2).

morny - Thanks for the link to the instructions there. I'm a computer moron but you guys really couldn't make this step-by-step stuff any easier and I really really appreciate that (as opposed to so many other places out there who make some assumptions about me having some amount of knowledge).

morny
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks lads, new database should solve the problem, its a rare bug so the chances of it happening again are very slim

microbob
09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Okay, I change my mind about it being simple enough for me to get it.

I still can't get my hands over to the new database and I don't get why I did the 'backup' thing and then the 'restore' thing.

Sorry I don't understand the instructions but I just can't figure out how I'm supposed to export them to the new database just by backing them up in the file on pgadmin III.

microbob
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
When I go to 'import file' on HEM I get a bunch of numbered txt files.
Am I just supposed to import all of those manually?

morny
09-14-2008, 06:26 PM
The backup is just in case something went wrong and you lose your information, i could tell people its uneeccesary but id likely have someone roaring at me if they lost there hands albeit a slim chance. I probably should have mentioned that the restore option wasnt neccessary but i just pointed to that FAQ as it had the releveant info but its more for someone moving their database from 1 hard drive to another.

Anyway when you export your HH will be sent to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ExportedHands_HoldemManager (where HoldemManager is the name of the database)

So when those files are there, go to Options > Database Management and load the new database (assuming youve already created a new database and if not instructions are here http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 ) Then with the new database open go to Import TAB and choose Import from folder and then choose the folder i quoted above

microbob
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
okay, that seems to have done it. Those are definitely the instructions I needed. Seems to be importing them all now. Thanks.

If you aren't good at figuring out how to find the files it can be very difficult to do it on your own. Glad you were able to show me where it was.