PDA

View Full Version : Import Problems

DONNYBOY
11-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I've had a bit of a break from playing poker...now I'm getting back into it, and having problems with importing hands. I play on Pokerstars, which has had several updates to its software since I went on holiday from poker! As has HoldemManager, I gather. I've tried downloading the latest updates for the software, and I know this sounds stupid - but how do I know if the updates have been successful?? Would it be wise to delete the whole program and try downloading afresh?

My HUD is not launching (nothing to do with the set up options, as far as I'm aware), and any hand that is being imported is coming up as an error. Can anyone help?

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Make sure that it now says 1.09.02 in the top Title-bar of HM.

Does the table manager open, bit not find any hands? Make sure the hand histories are inEenglish.

Try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.

DONNYBOY
11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
It doesn't give the new version number in the title bar, no - I have downloaded the new version however, or tried to at least. And it said it was successful. When I try now, this message comes up: "The package was unable to replace the following file: xxxxx" and repeats this for every file that it should be replacing.

Any ideas how I can get the new version to work??

DONNYBOY
11-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, and I have rebooted my computer so that can't be the problem.

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
It doesn't give the new version number in the title bar, no - I have downloaded the new version however, or tried to at least. And it said it was successful. When I try now, this message comes up: "The package was unable to replace the following file: xxxxx" and repeats this for every file that it should be replacing.

Any ideas how I can get the new version to work??

*) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.

Oh, and I have rebooted my computer so that can't be the problem.

Please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

DONNYBOY
11-21-2009, 09:12 PM
1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?

I am using version 1.07 even though I have downloaded the latest updates.

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and which gametype and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?

Pokerstars, although I did try on Everest Poker. Although the hands seemed to be imported without error, I still could not get the HUD to load up. However, I did not try exhaustively to get the HUD into working order!

Lots of games! But only attempting to use HUD on NLHE cash games, and sometimes on SnGs too.

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?

Yes of course.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?

Yes the HUD is set up properly, at least as far as I know.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?

Yes the hand histories are being saved where they are supposed to be: HH20091121 Aksnes fast - $0.10-$0.25 - USD No Limit Hold'em.txt

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?

Hands are being imported, but EVERY hand is coming up with an Import Error.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?

I have tried creating a new database but this is still happening.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?

The table finder is already coming up that it has found my table - although it usually gets the table information wrong, i.e. it always says 0/6 players.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?

Yes, all hand histories are written in English.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?

I'm using Windows XP

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?

I think so..

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 09:15 PM
1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Make sure your HM Titlebar says 1.09.02 after udpating.

DONNYBOY
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Thank you very very kindly! Just as I was about to give up hope, and it's all up and running. Nice one.