PDA

View Full Version : Wrong $EV-Graph after manual tourney editing?

Draqo
11-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I imported some 2table sng's manually with the import file feature. Everything seemed fine. Then i wanted to manually enter some "correct" information about
the tourneys like size, and the actual finish place, which couldnt be interpreted correctly by HM, since this information is not included in the handhistory file
(pokerstars). Then i watched at the graphs again and had to realize that the AllIn ev graph is completely wrong after these manual changes, it ist exactly the same as the "real" winnings graph, absolutely no difference, which ist surely incorrect. Before any manual changes the AllIn $EV graph was correct!
I also tried the feature "Fix EV for current player" , but no change.
So is it impossible to have the correct graph after any manual changes to the tournament information/results ??

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43

You will want to delete the tourneys from the dataview tab and import the original hands again, before importing the summaries.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

Draqo
11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok, i have imported both handhistory.txt and summaries, which i requested by PS. All hands and results are now displaying properly. So importing seems not to be the problem. But the problem with the "$EV-Graph" under the results/graph tab is still the same. Before importing any summaries, i can see two different colored graphs , the green one for winnings and the red one for EV, as it should be. After any importing of summaries into the database the EV graph is no more visible, or as seen in the trending graph it is at any time exactly the same as the winnings graph. This is a database for tourneys only no cashgames. I tried also with new created databases, first importing handhistorys then importing summaries and vice versa, as soon as any summaries are imported, the EV graph is incorrect. :(

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Please www.7zip.org the hands and summaries and email them to me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

Patvs
11-23-2009, 12:15 AM
I tried also with new created databases, first importing handhistorys then importing summaries and vice versa, as soon as any summaries are imported, the EV graph is incorrect. :(

You should import the winnings summary directly after the handhistory.
The $EV will end up to be wrong: if you begin by importing winnings summaries ONLY. Or if you manually edit results first. And, from what it looks like with your problem, if you import a batch of SNG winnings summaries from one Stars E-mail.

I know you play on Stars, but on Full Tilt there are also still some problems with satellites where you win entry in another tournament. Since a recent update, HoldemManager can tell how much you won in the satellites, but won't know what the $EV is. All of these issues will be fixed in future HEM updates. Unfortunately, you'll have to reimport all the handhistory (and winnings summaries) again in a NEW database, after we've fixed these issues.

Edit: possible fix can be found here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21815

Draqo
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the suppport. I also tried to import a handhistory first and the summary immediately after this, but it did not work for me. Importing over 300 handhistories + the summaries this way is not very practical, and would take a lot of time and patience, as you can imagine. If these issues will be resolved in future releases, i will be glad to repeat it then again.

fozzy71
11-29-2009, 01:43 AM
$EV is only calculated on single table tourneys so once you import the summary and HM realizes that they are 18 man tourneys then it deletes the $EV info.

Draqo
11-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Ok, that is what i also realized. Will it be possible to calcute the $EV in larger tournaments than single table, without having HEM delete the $EV info after importing the summaries?