PDA

View Full Version : HEM1 not responding and failing to load after new patch

bLX3
04-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Hello,
yesterday i got linked a new patch for hem1 that someone told me was a fix to allow me to use hem1 for zoom poker. after installing the patch (1.12.10 i think) ive had an issue where when i launch hem it just freezes at the "initializing database" pannel while not responding. how can i fix this?

steel88
04-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Hello,
yesterday i got linked a new patch for hem1 that someone told me was a fix to allow me to use hem1 for zoom poker. after installing the patch (1.12.10 i think) ive had an issue where when i launch hem it just freezes at the "initializing database" pannel while not responding. how can i fix this?

i have the same problem

Patvs
04-09-2012, 09:42 PM
the HM1 update will perform a big database update when you run it.
So ignore any "not responding" error but wait for the program to unfreeze and the database update to finish.
Make sure you have enough free diskspace.
If you have a 40 GB database--> the database update would like 10 GB of free space (to use temporarily)
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe and create a new database, if you get an error upon startup.

steel88
04-09-2012, 09:53 PM
So ignore any "not responding" error but wait for the program to unfreeze and the database update to finish.
If you have a 40 GB database--> the database update would like 10 GB of free space (to use temporarily)
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe and create a new database, if you get an error upon startup.

hey im not computer savy n dont really no what any of that means, i searched for dbcontrolpanel.exe n nothing came up?

Patvs
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
It's in the HoldemManager folder

C:/Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager

=Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

laurensds
04-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I have the same problem but also the problem that I tried doing it 3 times and now my HD has 70gig of HEM-files, all in this map C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\base\ is there a part of these files I may delete or can I run some kind of tool to delete the files I dont need? I have a fast SSD HD so I dont have enough space left now

steel88
04-10-2012, 02:27 AM
It's in the HoldemManager folder

C:/Program Files(x86)/RVG Software/HoldemManager

=Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

i dont see database management in the HM1 folder

netsrak
04-10-2012, 05:38 AM
Its named dbcontrolpanel.exe

kremlin72
04-11-2012, 04:42 AM

I ran it when I only had <6 GB of free space left, should I stop it or just let it run and see what happens?

I have an external hard drive but I'm not sure how to move enough files over to it to create space. Most space is taken up by PostgresSQL, should I move that to my external hard drive?

netsrak
04-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Lets stay in one forum, we don't like to type everything twice :)