PDA

View Full Version : Backdoor trojan

Llanlad
11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi all

Think ive just got this false positive alert .

Im in the process of deleting all files in the appliance cache folder but it wont let me remove the folder HoldemManager.exe_v54C6D2

Can i just leave that folder in there and just empty my recycle bin and update to via the link given in the above closed thread ?

Im currently using version 1.09 beta 36 .

Thanks

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Are there files in the folder also? What operating system and anti-virus/firewall? If vista/w7, try to turn off uac and reboot, and then try to delete them. You may need to uninstall your anti-virus completely and reboot to delete the files. I would try and get rid of all traces of it.

Llanlad
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi fozzy ...

Im using Windows XP and Ad-Aware free showed it up ..

I also scanned with Malwarebytes and AVG free and those showed nothing .

My firewall is Zone Alarm.

If i open the HoldemManager.exe_v54C6D2 folder i get the following folders.

Native
The App
UserConfig

All these also have sub folders ..

I left this folder and updated to the latest HM version and scanned again with Ad-Aware and nothing showed up this time ..

I will scan it again just to be sure ...

Do i really need to get rid of the v54C6D2 folder to be sure ?

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Not if everything is working fine, and you are no longer getting false-positive warnings. If that is the case I wouldn't worry about one left over folder.

If HM is not working properly or you are still getting xenocode warnings, then we want to find a solution to remove those files. It may require you to uninstall your anti-virus, reboot and delete the folders/files, and then install the anti-virus again.