PDA

View Full Version : HEM Omaha doesnt show all imported hands

unk78
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,

recently i switched to windows 7.
I made a backup of my old database using postgres admin tool and put the backup on my newly installed HEM in win7.
Everything worked fine, all hands were imported and my stats are right.

But if i play now, for example i played a little HU match which was 124 hands, it only shows me 102 in the reports tab.
Even though it says 124 hands were imported!!!
I tried to find out any pattern and even a friend of mine checked it via teamviewer.
We checked all filters and stuff, i tried to export the hands but it only exports the 104.
My friend then imported the 124 hands into his HEM and he can see all the hands in the reports tab!

i think i have the 1.09.02 official release

Any suggestions?

netsrak
11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you create the new database with the same coding as the original one via pgadmin?

It may have become corrupt. I suggest you create a new database via HM for a test and try to play some hands.

unk78
11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
i just created a new database and then everything works fine.

but that is no solution to me because i need my old data.

both times i created the database using HEM not using pgadmin.
first time i said recover data only, this time i tried it with a normal recover that recovers the scheme also.

now all my old data is perfectly fine and i can still import all hands correctly but this time it doesnt even show a single one in the report!!!!

this is quite annoying because each recovery process takes a few hours.

i dont understand why this doesnt work, i made a backup using pdadmin and now i recovered it using pgadmin thats not a superheavy advanced process, thats so strange!

its so strange because it show all my old data perfectly fine, it says it imported all the hands without any errors, but it doesnt show them in the reports nor session tab.

i created the database via HEM so it should be exactly the same, might it be a problem that im using an english windows version now but a german one be4?

might it be a problem that the database is named different? i cant remember the old name and i made a BLOB backup so i cant just look into it and see the db name.

could one of ur technicians log onto my pc via teamviewer and check the issue please?

fozzy71
11-19-2009, 11:22 PM
i just created a new database and then everything works fine.

but that is no solution to me because i need my old data.

This is why it is so important to keep all of your original files that HM moves to the \HMArchive folder. It is also a good idea to export all your player notes, tourney summaries, and even export your DB to text files from time to time. You can zip and compress those exported hands and keep multiple archived copies. If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

The backup/restore process is never 100% failproof, especially if you are changing OS or SQL version.

both times i created the database using HEM not using pgadmin.

You should be creating the new DB using PGAdmin: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

i dont understand why this doesnt work, i made a backup using pdadmin and now i recovered it using pgadmin thats not a superheavy advanced process, thats so strange!

Unfortunately it is more common than you may think. I tried a backup/restore for a customer tonight and was unsuccessful. Both had same OS and I used all the same install files. I have personally rebuilt my DB countless times (it is only a few hundred thousand hands though) and I always would import all my original hands. I only recently used the backup/restore process on my own machine as an educational experience. I dont mind letting it import for a couple of hours, or setting it up to import before I go to bed so my DB is rebuilt when I awake.

its so strange because it show all my old data perfectly fine, it says it imported all the hands without any errors, but it doesnt show them in the reports nor session tab.

This is a sure sign of a corrupt db or backup/restore that did not restore properly.

might it be a problem that im using an english windows version now but a german one be4?

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was a partial cause.

might it be a problem that the database is named different?

I don't believe so, no. I usually just name the new DB whatever I named the backup file. I always name my backups differently from the original DB.

could one of ur technicians log onto my pc via teamviewer and check the issue please?

I don't believe there is anything we could do to make it restore properly if it fails when following that FAQ I linked above. I Hopefully your sites can email you the original hand histories and tournament summaries if you don't have all of them archived.

iksmirp
12-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Similar problem...

Had an ol' server laying around with Ubuntu Dapper on it. I put postgres (v8.0) db there and have been using it for a while now with no problems. Then i decided to upgrade the server and db to 8.4 or 8.3 and came to almost the same problem.

My hands do get imported as well and some of them fail to show up in the reports tab. HUD sees all the though and shows correct stats.

What i found out is... table 'pokerhands' contains all the imported hands, but tables 'playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero', 'pokerhands_hero' (these i noticed, don't know about other _hero tables) do not contain all the same hands. So to summarise, all the hands get imported, but some of them fail to be inserted in those tables. The report tab reads data from playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero table and joins with pokerhands as i understand it, therefore missing hands. I found no errors in the db log when inserting data.

I have no idea why, all the hands look the same to me. I reverted back to pg v8.0 for now. HEM v1.08.04, please disregard this if it's a known issue and has been fixed in newer versions, will try to upgrade ASAP, otherwise any idea greatly appreciated.

kind regards
iksmirp

netsrak
12-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I don't think a backup/restore will work for upgrading from postgresql 8.0 to 8.4.

I suggest you create a new empty database for Postgreql 8.4 and Holdemmanager 1.09.03 and reimport all your hands.

iksmirp
12-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Great to know, thank you very much.

what i find weird is, the schema from pg v8.0 looks exactly the same as the one from v8.4. I did create the DB from HEM DB Manager but restored all hands with pgadmin.

How exactly do i import all the hands if not restore them from pgadmin? Does newer HEM version (1.09.03) have import option too in the DB Manager?, mine just has 'export all hands'

fozzy71
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Import tab > import from folder

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

iksmirp
12-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Thank you very much for the effort, i will definitely give it a try.