PDA

View Full Version : Various questions

texas donald
11-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi, got a few un-related questions, hopefully wont take up much of your time to answer.

- A friend has sent me their HUD setup but while I have it running the last few hands dont show up under the avg VPIP/pot and I cant find anywhere to select them to show up?

- Only noticed this once last night but I'm guessing it has happened a few times, a guy limped/3bet me yet his stats for 3betting remained on 0, so obv some stats aren't adjusting correctly, any ideas?

- My laptop is a few years old now and not running great with HEM etc, getting a new PC but not for a couple months.. I was planning on buying at least a million hands - would you expect this to put a much larger strain on my laptop than at present (only got 25k hands)? At the moment I keep getting error messages saying it is low on virtual memory.

Also, if I do buy a load of hands and import them, will the program realise these aren't hands I've played so the figure stating the amount of hands I've played wont change? Once I have imported them will the stats update (and add all the new players) and I can them purge them?

Thanks very much, youre always great at getting back to my questions on here! :D

Patvs
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
- My laptop is a few years old now and not running great with HEM etc, getting a new PC but not for a couple months.. I was planning on buying at least a million hands - would you expect this to put a much larger strain on my laptop than at present (only got 25k hands)? At the moment I keep getting error messages saying it is low on virtual memory.

1 million hands database vs 25k, will put much larger strain on your laptop.
You'll notice it if you: multitable + HUD..... and the time to show graphs will take longer. The main cause is a larger database, will result in many more (scattered) IOPS (input-output per second) on your harddisk.

And it seems you have the additional problem, of already not having enough RAM. If your computer needs your virtual memory (which is your harddisk), you should seriously consider a RAM upgrade. And do everything from this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=11194

Also, if I do buy a load of hands and import them, will the program realise these aren't hands I've played so the figure stating the amount of hands I've played wont change? Once I have imported them will the stats update (and add all the new players) and I can them purge them?

YES, YES, and YES.

texas donald
11-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah I considered a RAM upgrade but think its more worth my while getting an up to date desktop.

I'm just thinking though if I buy loads of hands, import them then purge them right away, wont that significantly reduce the database size and therefore cause less problems? Would it be possible to purge only those hands and not any I haver played myself?

Oh yeah and the first thing I asked about having the last couple hands showing below table VPIP/AVG POT.. cant seem to find anywhere to select this??

Thanks again for your help.

Patvs
11-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah I considered a RAM upgrade but think its more worth my while getting an up to date desktop.

I'm just thinking though if I buy loads of hands, import them then purge them right away, wont that significantly reduce the database size and therefore cause less problems? Would it be possible to purge only those hands and not any I haver played myself?

Oh yeah and the first thing I asked about having the last couple hands showing below table VPIP/AVG POT.. cant seem to find anywhere to select this??

Thanks again for your help.

Yeah, just buy hands--> and purge them. In Purge you can select to NOT purge any hands you were involved in.

I don't understand what you mean by "having the last couple hands showing below table VPIP/AVG POT."

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi, got a few un-related questions, hopefully wont take up much of your time to answer.

- A friend has sent me their HUD setup but while I have it running the last few hands dont show up under the avg VPIP/pot and I cant find anywhere to select them to show up?......

I don't understand what you mean by "having the last couple hands showing below table VPIP/AVG POT."

hud options > player preferences > appearance

turn on [x] Show Table Avgs and change Number of Pots to 3

texas donald
12-23-2009, 03:41 PM
could someone please tell me how it is you use HEM to data mine? I didnt even realise you could until I just watched a video mentioning it. Didnt notice anything in the pdf manual about it.

also I see there is a newer beta version out, does it include multicurrencies yet?

thanks

Patvs
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Datamining is no longer possible, as the pokerrooms don't allow it.
(in the past you could observe 16 tables and it would datamine all the hands)

The new 1.10 beta 4 supports the import of multi-currencies. But doesn't have a currency converter yet. This will be released in an upcoming beta.

_Loki_
12-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Read the beginning threads - it isn't HEM that's datamining:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmtopics.aspx

For myself I prefer to just play a lot AND select tables AND select where to sit at them AND know when to leave AND pay attention to the action