View Full Version : HUD lag problem - help

bazzor
11-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi,

First of all here is my hardware\so configuration :

- cpu : intel core 2 quad CPU Q8400 2.66GHz
- ram : corsair ddr2 3.25 GB
- video card : ati radeon HD 4800series vapor x 2 GB
- hd : velociraptor 10krpm(empty and defragged)
- so : windows xp sp2
- poker room : pokerstars.it (uses the exact same software as .com)

I'm having troubles with the hud on my personal computer, every time i open it my computer slows down dramatically, every software i'm using (such as skype...) and even my internet connection falls into a deep lag.
Even if i try to stop the autoimport feature and just keep a static hud, i'm having exactly the same problems, the only way to solve them is to close the hud.
The strange thing is that the hud process, according to the task manager, doesn't use a lot of cpu at all, it seems normal.
HM is working fine, even when i'm playing, the problems are only with the hud.
I guess i'm having a conflict with some other software or driver.
I already tried the following things :

- used a previous version of hm
- used a previous version of postgres
- used a new and empty db
- reinstalled hm and pg
- updated .net framework to the latest version
- switched off antivirus
- closed all the software running but the poker room and HM

I also would like to state that i'm using HM with the hud (same version as in the computer with troubles) on the same poker room on my notebook without any problem.

I'd like to avoid the solution "format the hd" and i hope someone can help me or suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Gianpaolo.

Patvs
11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Please format your harddrive... :)

No, if you have a 10 million hand database and play 24 tables with the HUD, I can understand the lag. But you said you also tried it with an empty database.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
(1.09.03 will be released later today)

See if the tweaks in this thread (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=11194&highlight=optimize) work.