PDA

View Full Version : Can't re-register HM

sisnarf
11-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Hello

For the last few months HM has been working pefect. Today I turned it on and it asked for my registration code. I completed the first step but it stated there still was a problem. It then directed me to your site where I can reset the code. I entered it again but after I entered it nothing seems to happen. I then tried to register HM again to see if it reseted it but nothing happened.

My security settings have not changed since I used it 9 hrs ago so I don't see how that is the problem. I tried the suggestions at the bottom of the trouble shooting page. Never found any files that need deleting.

I believe I have the latest verstion 1.09 beta 23a.

I'm using windows vista.

I'll attatch the screen shots where I am stuck at.

Thanks for you time

BTW. I have the same problem for both my P.C.s they happened two days apart.

fozzy71
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Then try these steps;

Enable the options to see Hidden Files and System Protected Files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

1. Delete C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe.ldat (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)

2. Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

3. Update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If you can't find those files, DO NOT delete any other files with similar names.

Please send your Reg.log from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder to support@holdemmanager.net.

sisnarf
11-19-2009, 02:58 AM
I updated to the latest version

Completed the steps to find hidden files.

I could not find either of the files that need to be deleted.

I didn't bother to update until I figure out if I need to find these files. Perhaps I don't have them or they are located somewhere else.

I will send my log files to support now.

Thanks

sisnarf
11-19-2009, 05:30 AM
I feel like the problem lies in your new registration page. Once I enter my code am I supposed to see some options? Something that allows me to reset the code so I can use it again? I just enter it and the screen goes back exactly to where it was?

What else am I supposed to try since I don't have the files you recommeded deleting?

Why did this randomnly happen? Do you make everyone re-enter there code every six months or something?

fozzy71
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I feel like the problem lies in your new registration page. Once I enter my code am I supposed to see some options? Something that allows me to reset the code so I can use it again? I just enter it and the screen goes back exactly to where it was?

What else am I supposed to try since I don't have the files you recommeded deleting?

You will need to sign up, login, and then change your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset.

Why did this randomnly happen? Do you make everyone re-enter there code every six months or something?

We recently had to make a change to our licensing obfuscation software that may have caused the issue.

sisnarf
11-20-2009, 06:16 AM
I followed your instructions "You will need to sign up, login, and then change your code, then logout/login, to verify it was reset."

I signed up and loged in. There was no option to change my code only to add the code. I added my code then I logged out. I went back and logged back in again the screen looked the exact same. It had no code to change or reset.

Can you guys please just reset my codes for both of my P.Cs and email me new ones?

Thanks

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I believe you are in contact with my support manager via email currently. That is the best way to finish getting this resolved.