PDA

View Full Version : couldn't load config\postpre.txt

BartKoozler
11-18-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm getting this message. What's the deal?

This i like the third bug I've had since I've started using HEM. Not, to mention that I've had to buy it twice.....

fozzy71
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm getting this message. What's the deal?

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM and it will warn you about no position files, and reset them to default.

...... Not, to mention that I've had to buy it twice.....

What? Why? You shouldn't have to buy it twice. Please email your details/questions to sales@holdemmanager.net so they can try and find your details to provide a refund.

BartKoozler
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry, but I tried to make sense of what you wrote, but it doesn't really make much sense to me. I sat there and read it over and over, but I'm not sure what I need to do.

I updated to the new version of HEM, that went fine.

I'm not running Vista, so the link you provided for the UAC issue didn't apply. I looked at the control panel version of that in my version on Windows, (not sure if it's 7 or not?), and couldn't find an option to turn that off.

The rest of what you wrote doesn't make sense to me.

Can you give me a little bit more specifics?

"2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default."

no idea what this means or how to do it. where, or how do I find this?

"3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt."

Where is this exactly?

Thanks!!!

BartKoozler
11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok, it looks like I've figured it out.

The HUD is working now like normal. The stats were over the wrong seat, but it looks like I got it now.

Thanks.

fozzy71
11-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Great. If you need anymore help with it just let me know. Sorry the instructions were a bit vague. I will try and make sure I make that reply a bit more detailed in the future.

BartKoozler
01-02-2010, 06:26 PM
This just happened again......

fozzy71
01-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Which version of HM are you using? I am not sure why it would happen repeatedly.

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.net/hmbetaupdate

BartKoozler
01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm running Paralells, and use Parallels Internet Security. I downloaded the latest version of HEM today after I fixed it for the second time. All I did was delete the .txt files again.

I'm running Windows XP