PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 not working with PostgreSQL? Here is the solution!

fabio
06-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Updated 18Nov09

1. In the Kaspersky main screen, click on "Settings".

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/KIS2010_1.jpg

2. Under Settings, go to "Threats and exclusions" and click "Settings..."

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/KIS2010_2.jpg

3. Switch to the "Trusted applications" Tab and click add.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/KIS2010_3.jpg

4. Browse to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.X\bin, select pg_ctl.exe and click "Open" (Note: User with 64bit Operating Systems browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.X\bin)

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/KIS2010_4.jpg

5. Enable all 4 checkboxes as shown below:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/images/KIS2010_5.jpg

6. Repeat Steps 4+5 with postgres.exe

Skrappy213
10-29-2009, 01:16 AM
I been having problems with HM/PostgresSQL ever since i updated my machine from vista to windows 7.I have read a lot of the threads here similar to my problems and have tried mostly everything suggested.

But in the end im still having problems just by a bit off and by that i mean HM/PostgresSQL runs well but for a small amount of time then postgres shuts down and HM doesn't import any more hands and hub doesn't change. I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and have set the firewall to allow HM and Postgres.I have ran HM both ways with KIS shut off and On and the problem is still there.
When protection software is off or on PostgresSQL doesn't start when opening HM,I get "Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.01" the only way of making HM/PostgresSQL works is by going into "Administrative Tools>Services>Postgres server>start" then when opening HM it imports and hub works but after a couple minutes Postgres server closes and it doesn't import anymore to HM.

I think im ready for a teamviewer session and trust me I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING and have spent 3-4 days on trying fix all the problems with windows 7/firewall i just didnt mention all i have done since it be too long but yes i done everything needed on windows 7, uninstallin KIS,installing HM/Postgres,configuring windows firewall & defender n sooo on.But if there's a simple solution im willing try it myself if not in need of teamviewer thanks

netsrak
10-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Uninstall Kaspersky completely and
make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator.
If its still not working please send a mail with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net to schedule a teamviewer session.

Skrappy213
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
ive already did wut u mention 3-4 times idk wut can be wrong like i said it does run but for a bit after couple mins Postgres server shuts down n HM no longer imports ive already sent the email...by the way any more suggestions?

netsrak
10-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Please wait for the Teamviewer session....

Skrappy213
10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
i was emailed back by support and asked if i checked windows defender to see if it allows PostgreSQl and to open the port 5432.

I have PostgreSQL folder and HM folder added into windows defender but i don't think u can actually open a port from there if im not mistaken.So can someone help me on opening port 5432? maybe thats the problem thats why the server dies after couple mins of working.
By the way im going need instructions for windows 7. Thanks

netsrak
10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Please switch off / disable Windows defender completely and try again.

Skrappy213
10-29-2009, 06:53 PM
After putting both folders postgreSQL and HM
into WD i disable it and it's been off

netsrak
10-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Please contact support@holdemmanager.net again to schedule a teamviewer session.

xix
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Would it be possible to be informed of the fix for this issue. I have the same problem.

Skrappy213
10-30-2009, 05:50 PM
I think I have found the fix for Windows 7 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 users so lets start:

1.Uninstall HM and PostgreSQL

2.Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security

3.Restart PC

4.Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73

5.Disable Windows Firewall (Start>On Search type "windows firewall">click on windows firewall>turn windows firewall on or off)
Turn both off.

6.Install PostgreSQL 8.4.1

7.Install Holdem Manager Full Install (http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip)

8.Download and Install Latest update for Holdem Manager (http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe)

9.You must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and
navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu. Windows 7 you
Must set all the executables to always run as admin.

10.Now Click on Start and type on search "windows firewall" Click on "Allow a Program through Windows Firewall"
Make sure you have DBControlPanel,HmHub,Holdem Manager,pg_ctl-starts/stops/restarts The PostgreSQL server, and PostgreSQL server on the list with
Both boxes check (Home/Work Private & Public)

If you don't have any of the files on the list add them.

11.Open your poker client (pokerstars,fulltilt,.....) Open Holdem Manager and play couple of hands make sure is working right.If it is working go to the next
step.Do not close Holdem Manager.
If Holdem Manager is not working do not keep on going post on forum for further help.

12.Go to Kaspersky Website to download Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/kis_latest_versions.php)
Once Install your KIS would open and on top you will see a message flashing in red saying "Your Computer Security is at Risk" DO NOT CLICK ON
FIX IT NOW

13.On Kaspersky Click "My Security Zone", you will see Aplication Control and see the amount of Trusted,Low Restricted,High restricted,Untrusted
Applications.Click on APPLICATION ACTIVITY.

14.Make sure you have Holdem Manager,HMImport,HmHub,pg_ctl-starts/stops/restarts the PostgreSQl server and every PostgreSQL server as TRUSTED if
they not set as trusted change them yourself to TRUSTED.

15.If you do not see PostgreSQL or HmHub or any other i have mention.Close your HM and open HM again and open your poker client and play
a couple of hands till you see your Hub Display.Once you see the hub go back to Step 13 and Step 14 while playing and having HM running.

16.When you have change the applications to Trusted look at your table and make sure your HM is importing the hands and the Hub is working.

17.Once all that is done you can now go to Kaspersky Internet Security and click on the FIX IT NOW to download the new/latest database to keep your
computer safe.;)

18.Reboot and test it out to see if it's still working :D
If for some reason you ger error
""The following error occurred when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"
Click on Start>All Programs>PostgreSQL 8.4>Start Server
You should see on the window
The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service is starting.......
The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service was started successfully.
If do proceed and open HM and play some poker

This is what fix my problem hope it can help others.

fabio
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks, I will forward it to some people who are having the same issues and make a sticky if it solves the problem

DeMented79
10-31-2009, 03:56 PM
i tried it twice, but couldnt fix the problem. did i make a mistake or are there others that couldnt fix it, too?

Aetanal
10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
I tried all this aswell, but it didn't work. I just have to go without a virus protection. This is a really big deal since we pay about $50 for Kaspersky. Hope you guys are looking into this problem asap?

fozzy71
10-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I tried all this aswell, but it didn't work. I just have to go without a virus protection. This is a really big deal since we pay about $50 for Kaspersky. Hope you guys are looking into this problem asap?

Try this:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10

If that doesnt work try an alternative AVP for now. I am sure the programmers are trying to figure it out, but seeing as Kaspersky is the only AVP still causing issues for a few people, it seems more like a Kaspersky issue, than a HEM issue imo. I have personally used free anti-virus for years and cant remember the last time I had virus problems. I have used Avira, AVG, and now MSES without issues over the past couple years. I have personally done support on PC's the past 2 weeks with AVG, Avira, Norton, McAffee, Avast, PC Doctor, and other AVP's w/o issue. kaspersky seems to be the lone holdout in this battle.

Skrappy213
11-01-2009, 12:52 AM
i tried it twice, but couldnt fix the problem. did i make a mistake or are there others that couldnt fix it, too?

did holdem manager work on step 9? if it did when u go to step 10 do not close your table or HM,install kaspersky as your playing and HM is working.
Try that instead stoppin the play as i mention on step 9.

DeMented79
11-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Try this:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10

thatīs exactly the post we were talking about.

If that doesnt work try an alternative AVP for now. I am sure the programmers are trying to figure it out, but seeing as Kaspersky is the only AVP still causing issues for a few people, it seems more like a Kaspersky issue, than a HEM issue imo.

Did you contact Kaspersky? Maybe they can do something to fix this?

Skrappy213
11-01-2009, 04:39 AM
thatīs exactly the post we were talking about.

Did you contact Kaspersky? Maybe they can do something to fix this?

I added two more steps try it again.
I have done so many things before i fixed it myself so hopefully the new steps can help.

If after it doesn't work and you would like me to help we can do a teamviewer session if u like.Just trying help since i know how it feels when you do all this things support tell ya do and then it fails and at same time trying help HM support so they can help other users with this problem.

By the way support how do you backup your DB and transfer ur old one into a new one? Because before i fixed my problem i deleted my old DB and deleted my PostgreSQL folders and ran the command "net user postgres /delete" so if u can explain how that can be done this can be another step into the solution. Would be coo if you can add that info and the info of how to reinstalling SQL to a new/empty DB into step number 1. Thanks

DeMented79
11-01-2009, 06:12 AM
still not working for me.

iīll send u a pm because of that teamviewer session. thx :)

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM

By the way support how do you backup your DB and transfer ur old one into a new one?

There is a backup/restore process you can try - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

If you have the entire old \data folder from \postgresql, you can try installing the same version using this method - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

Neither of those are 100% reliable, so I always you backup everything, before messing with your DB, if possible.

Before you uninstall HM or SQL:

I want to re-install Holdem Manger without losing all of my settings and preferences. Can this be done? - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=98

You want to make sure you backup your Processed/Archived hand histories, your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=119. I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory.

Make sure you export your tournament summaries: Tourney > Results > Dataview > All Hands > Right-Click > Export Tourney Results and Summaries.

I would also make sure you manually export the database to hand history text files:

HM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

How do I export or import hands into and from Holdem Manager? - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173

Make sure you copy that folder as well as the other stuff I mentioned.

This helps to insure that if anything goes wrong with the backup/restore, you can manually import the exported files to rebuild.

Because before i fixed my problem i deleted my old DB and deleted my PostgreSQL folders and ran the command "net user postgres /delete" so if u can explain how that can be done this can be another step into the solution.

You need an old .backup file, an old \data folder, or the original (and/or exported) hands/summaries.

Would be coo if you can add that info and the info of how to reinstalling SQL to a new/empty DB into step number 1. Thanks

Feel free to PM me, exactly how you would like me to edit it, so I can make sure to edit it properly. You can copy/paste it into a PM and then I can just edit your original post with the info. In fact it may become a sticky, if it definitely helps.

For reinstalling SQL to a new/empty DB, please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 8.4, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows

Skrappy213
11-02-2009, 05:51 AM
well for some odd reason when i started up my pc again, i was getting ready to play some poker so i open up HM and i got the error "The following error occurred when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" so i was like wtf :mad: but it was a simple fix so im adding it to the last step

18.Reboot and test it out to see if it's still working :D
If for some reason you ger error
""The following error occurred when trying to open the database:Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"
Click on Start>All Programs>PostgreSQL 8.4>Start Server
You should see on the window
The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service is starting.......
The PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service was started successfully.
If do proceed and open HM and play some poker.

try this DeMented79

McFly
11-02-2009, 06:23 AM
I had the same prob this weekend. But I think it looks like it has nothing to do with HEM. Seems to be a pure Win7 + postgres + KIS2010 problem.

I solved it this way.

killed KIS2010. Delete it, burn it, trash it
installed postgres 8.4 with UAC off
Test it and bingo everything should be fine.

then I installed the free avast AV and still working.

KIS is the problem, killing the postgres services. Get rid of KIS and everything is fine.

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Haven't tested this yet, but this may fix some issues with Kaspersky:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=141641&hl=postgresql

streamliner
11-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I have followed the procedure described above step by step and once I reinstall KIS 2010 it doesn't work anymore, it's like the connection to postgresql is killed everytime i try.

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Our new licensing software has problems with kaspersky and comodo currently. You may need to try an alternative AVP temporarily until KAV or HEM comes up with a solution.

McFly
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Our new licensing software has problems with kaspersky and comodo currently. You may need to try an alternative AVP temporarily until KAV or HEM comes up with a solution.

My postgres service was killed even without HEM running. You can try it via PGadmin. For me it's not a KIS HEM problem but a postgres KIS problem. There is no need to reinstall HEM at all, just kill KIS. It's just a waste of time. I will reinstall my license when they release a new version. .736 is BS ;)

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the information. That is very useful.

streamliner
11-04-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah i've come to that conclusion as well, nothing u guys can do about it, unfortunately KIS don't have the same customer support standards you have :(

allizdor
11-06-2009, 12:53 AM
same problem here... worked for it hours and hours, then I looked into this forum.

killed KiS10 and it imports with 130h/s :)

I was already rid of KiS 9 because it didnt work on my Win 7 System. Yesterday I found a free update to KiS 10 and some new problems appeared.

I find the KiS support is unfriendly and unhelpfully, so I will never buy anything from them. Nevertheless I bought a licence and I have stll 290 days left, that sucks hard!

DeMented79
11-06-2009, 01:53 AM
so Kaspersky support couldnt help you, too?

i told them about the problem, and it looks to me like they dont have a clue how to fix it.

if anyone finds another solution than just removing KIS please post it :)

ibombonato
11-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Same here :(

Vista 64 + Kis 2010 v9.736

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I think I am going to sticky this until some type of solution/update changes things.

ibombonato
11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I did some things and now it is working again...

1- Unninstall Kis 2010 v9.0736

2- Did the steps bellow

9.You must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and
navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu. Windows 7 you
Must set all the executables to always run as admin.

10.Now Click on Start and type on search "windows firewall" Click on "Allow a Program through Windows Firewall"
Make sure you have DBControlPanel,HmHub,Holdem Manager,pg_ctl-starts/stops/restarts The PostgreSQL server, and PostgreSQL server on the list with

If you don't have any of the files on the list add them.

3- Install Kis v9.463. wich was working fine on my other computer w windows 7

4- On install, i choose to Kis NOT TAKE the actions automatic

Then these steps:

Install your KIS would open and on top you will see a message flashing in red saying "Your Computer Security is at Risk" DO NOT CLICK ON
FIX IT NOW

13.On Kaspersky Click "My Security Zone", you will see Aplication Control and see the amount of Trusted,Low Restricted,High restricted,Untrusted
Applications.Click on APPLICATION ACTIVITY.

14.Make sure you have Holdem Manager,HMImport,HmHub,pg_ctl-starts/stops/restarts the PostgreSQl server and every PostgreSQL server as TRUSTED if
they not set as trusted change them yourself to TRUSTED.

15.If you do not see PostgreSQL or HmHub or any other i have mention.Close your HM and open HM again and open your poker client and play
a couple of hands till you see your Hub Display.Once you see the hub go back to Step 13 and Step 14 while playing and having HM running.

16.When you have change the applications to Trusted look at your table and make sure your HM is importing the hands and the Hub is working.

17.Once all that is done you can now go to Kaspersky Internet Security and click on the FIX IT NOW to download the new/latest database to keep your
computer safe.

And its is working ;)

_Loki_
11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I have personally used free anti-virus for years and cant remember the last time I had virus problems. I have used Avira, AVG, and now MSES without issues over the past couple years

Hi Fozzy

I'm looking for a free AV prog - I've googled "MSES" without success - what's the full name for it ?

Michael >< )))°>

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Sorry - Its the new Microsoft Security Essentials - http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

It is not a firewall, so you should still use something for that.

BNTRL
11-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Where do you find the link to go back to older version of kaspersky? Just notice had those problem since I update to version .736 of kaspersky. I am using vista 64bits.

Skrappy213
11-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Where do you find the link to go back to older version of kaspersky? Just notice had those problem since I update to version .736 of kaspersky. I am using vista 64bits.

this would be useful for those that still want use kaspersky so ibombonato where u found that version share it? :D

I emailed kaspersky about this problem got an email with basically the info in this thread.So i wrote back with sending more info about the problem and still no replied hope they ain't ignoring my email :mad:
seems kaspersky is the problem even thought most of the times HM is working for me at times postgreSQL does get kill for some odd reason.

ibombonato
11-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I upload it to

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ikx1uu

Cheers

SusieQQ
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Just an FYI, this is only a Kaspersky 2010 problem, and isn't related to Win7. I have WinXP Pro and have this same issue.

Susie

DirkDiger
11-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi im using XP and Kaspersky Antivirus and wanted to say following instructions have soled mine problems With HEM and Posgresql
Just take your time and do the instrucitons slowly it sould fix problems.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10

and second link i did used both

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20713

Just take your time and read and do it step bye step. And dont forget to put
postgres.exe in secure aplications.

p.s.
Thanks HEM folks for helping keep on doing great job.
Gl all.

IAGTTAYM
11-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi im using XP and Kaspersky Antivirus and wanted to say following instructions have soled mine problems With HEM and Posgresql
Just take your time and do the instrucitons slowly it sould fix problems.

and second link i did used both

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20713

Just take your time and read and do it step bye step. And dont forget to put
postgres.exe in secure aplications.

p.s.
Thanks HEM folks for helping keep on doing great job.
Gl all.Yeah, I got it working too using those links, with kaspersky 2010 and windows 7 HP 64-bit.

But one thing isn't working: When i try to import all my old poker stars HHs that they sent me, postgres just dies on me. I've tried import from file, import from folder and I even put them in my auto import folder with the same thing happening every time. What should I do?
FYI I've made some service configuations with help from: http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm - Using the "safe" column.

IAGTTAYM
11-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Or can the problem be the sheer size of the text file that they sent me (177MB)?

netsrak
11-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Move the files to a different folder and import them separately via import file and be patient - large files need a lot of time.

iloveOOv
11-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey...

I use XP and KIS 2010 and after some guides I can connect SQL 8.4 and HM 1.09.01 and it seems to work.
But when I want to import my hands which I exported from my old database it says "Found 98 files to process", but it doesnt show any progress in the bar.
I already tried to import just 1 file, but it is the same progress.

So is this guide http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10 just when you have problems to connect or also when you have problems like me?

Is it the best to just de-install SQL 8.4 and Install 8.3 again?
Because with XP,KIS 2010 and SQL 8.3 ive never had any problems!

iloveOOv
11-13-2009, 12:03 PM
ok...ive tested to play some hands at FTP to try "Auto Import".
At first everything was fine, but then it suddenly stopped working I got some Error Message to contact Holdem Manager support.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey...

I use XP and KIS 2010 and after some guides I can connect SQL 8.4 and HM 1.09.01 and it seems to work.
But when I want to import my hands which I exported from my old database it says "Found 98 files to process", but it doesnt show any progress in the bar.
I already tried to import just 1 file, but it is the same progress.

So is this guide http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=99782&postcount=10 just when you have problems to connect or also when you have problems like me?

Is it the best to just de-install SQL 8.4 and Install 8.3 again?
Because with XP,KIS 2010 and SQL 8.3 ive never had any problems!

ok...ive tested to play some hands at FTP to try "Auto Import".
At first everything was fine, but then it suddenly stopped working I got some Error Message to contact Holdem Manager support.

Are you using KIS now? Please try uninstalling it, rebooting, and see if it cures your import problems.

IAGTTAYM
11-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Meh, it isn't working 100% as i said previously. HEM has lost the connection (postgres stops working) a few times today while auto-importing. For the most part it works though.

Move the files to a different folder and import them separately via import file and be patient - large files need a lot of time.Did you read my post on the previous page? When I try to import the PS HHs postgres dies(stops) immediately and HEM loose the connection.
I've tried renaming the file, move it to a different location etc. Same result.

I'm going to try and chop the text file with the HHs in it into a couple of txt files and see if that works importing then.

iloveOOv
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Ok...since 3 hours I tried nearly everything and now I wanted to try this guide, but I dont know how to make several steps.

navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

When I do execute as... I can choose "Administrator" or "Tim".
But Administrator doesnt work, because I dont know how to activate or setup a password for that account.
When I choose "Tim" which is "Computeradministrator" too and type in a password I can start the file.
But do I have to start dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe one after each other as "Administrator"?
And do I have to do it everytime I want to start HM again?

When I click on "start", then "search" and then "Files and Folders" and type in "windows firewall" the search ends without a result.

Its so crazy...ive never had any problems with KIS 2010,XP and SQL till after my Win XP re-Install today.

Is there a problem with Microsoft NET Framework? I have both 3.5 and 4.0 installed.
But before I re-Install I had them too without problems

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok...since 3 hours I tried nearly everything and now I wanted to try this guide, but I dont know how to make several steps.

navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer (start > my computer) and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

When I click on "start", then "search" and then "Files and Folders" and type in "windows firewall" the search ends without a result.

start > control panel > classic view > windows firewall

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

iloveOOv
11-13-2009, 02:43 PM
The thing is I CAN connect to SQL without de-installing KIS 2010, but I cant import hands, which I exported from my old database and when I play with "Auto-Import" to get some new hands SQL stopps after some hands and then the import doesnt work anymore.

Moreover as I already stated I use Windows XP and many guide you present here are for Windows 7 and so I cant do some steps.

Regarding Step 9 I get this pop-up when I do right click and then "Execute as..."
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9364/62741364.jpg.

Regarding Step 13 and 14 I have this as mentioned in the guide.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4/sqlf.jpg
and
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2741/sql2.jpg

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
The thing is I CAN connect to SQL without de-installing KIS 2010, but I cant import hands, ....

Can you import hands if you uninstall KIS? If so, it is obviously the problem. Please try uninstalling it temporarily and rebooting. It will take you 10 or 15 minutes to try this so you can rule it out.

iloveOOv
11-13-2009, 03:02 PM
ok...ich will check it later when I come back and then post my result.

DirkDiger
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Meh, it isn't working 100% as i said previously. HEM has lost the connection (postgres stops working) a few times today while auto-importing. For the most part it works though.

Did you read my post on the previous page? When I try to import the PS HHs postgres dies(stops) immediately and HEM loose the connection.
I've tried renaming the file, move it to a different location etc. Same result.

I'm going to try and chop the text file with the HHs in it into a couple of txt files and see if that works importing then.

Same thing here is happening HEMs auto import crushes after few min i start posgres again but then crushes again.
Same thing happens when i try to improt mine old data base.

Damn

nacekk
11-14-2009, 05:08 PM
dear support, what antivirus program do u suggest me to buy. my kaspersky licence will expire soon anyways.. I want a good antivirus program that will not interupt with postreges and hem.. thanks for the answer

fozzy71
11-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I personally have used free anti-virus and firewalls for the past 4 or 5 years and never had a major issue with infections.

For anti-virus I have used Avira, AVG, Avast, and Microsoft Security Essentials. I have done many remote supports with people using ESET NOD, Norton and McAffee and never had issues either. I would expect ESET is the most highly regarded of all those.

I haven't used many different firewalls. Comodo I no longer recommend. I am actually using windows firewall right now because I am lazy. Outpost and PC Tools both work well IIRC.

nacekk
11-14-2009, 06:07 PM
i somehow dont like avg. So avira or avast ? :) i really want something quiet if you know what i mean.

thanks..

sloove
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
my english isn't that good to translate, but maybe some of you guys may find out what the problem is... after going through the fix guide I get this error message when I first start HEM and the Postgres Server shuts down so I have to restart it... gonna check now how long it's going to run by itself

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4002/errornnf.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/i/errornnf.jpg/)

it says something like:
no files c ould be read from the transferconnection. a connection has been closed by remote host

sloove
11-14-2009, 07:48 PM
this message i get, when I try to import my hhs and then click on the cashgame tab:

shit... thought i copy-pasted the debug msg...

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9226/error2g.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/error2g.jpg/)

sloove
11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
just gonna paste every error i get, may be u guys can make something out of it... seems like its time to play without a hud atm any way

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5008/error3r.th.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/error3r.jpg/)

fozzy71
11-14-2009, 11:22 PM
no files c ould be read from the transferconnection. a connection has been closed by remote host

What operating system, firewall, and anti-virus?

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot. If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please try following all of these FAQs, step by step:

1) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
3) http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands.

sloove
11-15-2009, 01:39 AM
What operating system, firewall, and anti-virus?

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot. If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please try following all of these FAQs, step by step:

1) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
3) http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands.

like said, tried the fix guide from first page.... windows 7 with kaspersky 2010..

i already killed my database and started from scratch after a couple of tries..

hmm, and my second logon service always goes back to manual mode when I set it on automatic start

the firewall settings in kaspersky and windows firewall allow mark dbcontrol, hmhud, holdemmanger and the postgres stuff as trusted...
the windows firewall is disabled though, windows defender as well...

it seems like the service is running and as soon as i click the auto import buttom HEM quits the service... and my import doesn't work and when i check the service is shut down right after that

netsrak
11-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Uninstall KIS2010 until they fix the problems.

DirkDiger
11-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Ill try uninstaling KAV 2010 and see if everything is working if not than we have bigger problem.

sloove
11-15-2009, 09:00 AM
but shouldn'T it work when I shutdown KAV oder disable the protection?

caus I get the same problem with postgres shutting down after clicking auto-import when I quit KAV beforehand

netsrak
11-15-2009, 09:56 AM
You need to completely uninstall KIS to get it working. Disable is not enough

iloveOOv
11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I finally got it all to work.

First I uninstalled SQL,HM and KIS 2010 with RevoUninstaller.
Then I cleaned everything up with CCleaner and Advanced System Care.

After the reboot first of all I installed "postgresql-8.4.1-1-windows" and then Holdem Manager and the update.
I played some hands and importet some old exported hands too see if it works.
Everything was fine and so I installed KIS 2009 instead of KIS 2010.

Before I made the update for KIS 2009 I changed Holdem Manager,HMImport,HmHub,pg_ctl-starts/stops/restarts the PostgreSQl server and every PostgreSQL server as TRUSTED.

Then I made the update for KIS 2009 and tested everything again and it seems to work perfectly now.

So I guess KIS 2010 is the problem and the only way to make HM and SQL work is to delete it completely and wait for a update by Kaspersky support.
So till then I keep using KIS 2009.

fozzy71
11-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Please read the OP for the newest fix.

iloveOOv
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Does it work with Windows XP 32-Bit too?

I am using KIS 2009 right now without problems and I dont want to switch to KIS 2010 again when there are still some problems, because Im glad I finally got it to work.

fozzy71
11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I would assume so, but I can not be sure at the moment. I would expect the person fabio assisted with this was on Vista.

Skrappy213
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
looks like kaspersky have fixed the problem
according to them you must uninstall and download KIS 2010
from their page and install it.
But i check their page and is the same version so maybe just run an update
on "My Update Center" and that will fix it if not uninstall/reinstall.:D

fabio
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
looks like kaspersky have fixed the problem
according to them you must uninstall and download KIS 2010
from their page and install it.
But i check their page and is the same version so maybe just run an update
on "My Update Center" and that will fix it if not uninstall/reinstall.:D

See the first post in this thread for the fix :)

rckyu
09-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Just got KIS 2011 from PokerStars FPP shop and had this problem.

Just followed http://forums.holdemmanager.com/99782-post11.html - I didn't reinstall anything tho, just added Postgres and HEM to trusted etc. and after doing that I deleted postmaster.pid and everything started as normal with auto-import working.