PDA

View Full Version : EV, pot odds, and outs display

holdem_up
11-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Hi, can someone with experience give me a quick idea on how to set up a display with "outs" (will it display this?) and pot odds in ratio format rather than percent (will it do this?) and some kind of EV stat as well?
I want to get up and going with this rather complicated piece of software without having to read a 200 page book on it first. Thanks so much.

fozzy71
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi, can someone with experience give me a quick idea on how to set up a display with "outs" (will it display this?)

Not possible.

and pot odds in ratio format rather than percent (will it do this?)

hud options > tables preferences > [ ] pot odds as %

and some kind of EV stat as well?

I dont think there are any EV stats in the Player Preferences for the HUD.

holdem_up
11-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Fozzy, thx for your reply.
As for displaying "outs", It will probably serve me best to commit them to memory anyway.
I got the pot odds going now, thanks again ;)

a-line
11-20-2009, 02:32 AM
hud options > tables preferences > [ ] pot odds as %

replayer yes,but on live HUD on FTP:confused: how u gonna make that?

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 05:23 AM
I don't play any sites that support the Live-Tracking feature, so I have never had the opportunity to see it in use. Can you see the HUD Panel with the Table Averages and Last 3 Hands, but that panel is not showing the proper format for the pot odds? That option doesnt affect the live play HUD? The options on the Tables Preferences window should affect all HUD config's I think. Would you mind scheduling a remote support session with me so I can see this in action myself?

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/TeamViewerQS.exe. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

crod242
11-20-2009, 06:14 AM
So I assume the pot odds display doesn't work on Stars then, right?

holdem_up
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Correct, I don't think it works. I thought I had it working but nope. Not sure why, there are other programs that work, why not this one? Seems straightforward. Anyway, I found a professional program that works quite nicely and displays pot odds, outs, etc, and more than I need it to do.

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
So I assume the pot odds display doesn't work on Stars then, right?

It does not work on stars or ftp, and likely never will. It worked on FTP for a short period, until their new software upgrade in July.

Correct, I don't think it works. I thought I had it working but nope. Not sure why, there are other programs that work, why not this one? Seems straightforward. Anyway, I found a professional program that works quite nicely and displays pot odds, outs, etc, and more than I need it to do.

Both of those sites do not want any programs reading their chat box, and that is the only way to extract the information.

armbrust
11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
I started using hm this month and so far the only thing i miss from my old program are a cuople bars: win odds and pot odds . It seems that pot odds is somewhere ill look for it , but how about win odds? I know its a noob stats but this stat have helped me alot to not miss coancealed straigths when i multitable for example. Would love to see those in the table hud.

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I started using hm this month and so far the only thing i miss from my old program are a cuople bars: win odds and pot odds . It seems that pot odds is somewhere ill look for it , but how about win odds? I know its a noob stats but this stat have helped me alot to not miss coancealed straigths when i multitable for example. Would love to see those in the table hud.

Pot odds are only available for a few sites. It is the Live-Tracking option under HUD Options > Site Options

Win odd's are not available.

PokerNemo
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM
It does not work on stars or ftp, and likely never will. It worked on FTP for a short period, until their new software upgrade in July.

Both of those sites do not want any programs reading their chat box, and that is the only way to extract the information.

yea pokeroffice lost that ability as well

siriuslly
11-24-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't play any sites that support the Live-Tracking feature, so I have never had the opportunity to see it in use. Can you see the HUD Panel with the Table Averages and Last 3 Hands, .

How can Io get that option Table Averages and Last 3 Hands, all i get is the table average?

thanx,
scott

siriuslly
11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
How can Io get that option Table Averages and Last 3 Hands, all i get is the table average?

thanx,
scott

never mind i figured it out.......:rolleyes:

struferga
12-10-2009, 12:50 PM
yea pokeroffice lost that ability as well

Not true, still works, on FT anyways

VurtAddicted
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Pot odds are only available for a few sites. It is the Live-Tracking option under HUD Options > Site Options

Win odd's are not available.

Sorry Fozzy, I didn't understand: do pot odds works with Pokerstars or not? I tryed to set them up but didn't manage to get any result. Where should HM show them?

Thanks

fozzy71
08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Site Options (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/209/Site+Options#poker) stars

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/betting%20pattern/hm-bettingpattern1f.png

rmarquez
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
What r u guys waiting to include pot odds % on HEM?

The Minder
09-10-2010, 01:42 AM
If you're looking for pot odds, outs etc I suggest you go with one of the Indicator range of programs. Omaha Indicator, Tournament Indicator and/or Holdem Indicator. Those progs don't seen to have any probs reading chat windows and giving you the data you want.

vlsup
09-10-2010, 03:35 AM
btw, these averages (VPIP & PFR & pot) - how are they calculated? Based on last 10 hands? 20? 50?

fozzy71
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
What r u guys waiting to include pot odds % on HEM?

You can change the pot odds from a ratio to a percentage, in the HUD Options > Tables Preferences menu. Not sure if that is what you were asking, or not.

btw, these averages (VPIP & PFR & pot) - how are they calculated? Based on last 10 hands? 20? 50?

I believe the vpip/pfr uses the average of the HUD stats and the average pot uses all of the hands from this table/session.

rmarquez
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
You can change the pot odds from a ratio to a percentage, in the HUD Options > Tables Preferences menu. Not sure if that is what you were asking, or not.

I believe the vpip/pfr uses the average of the HUD stats and the average pot uses all of the hands from this table/session.

Nop...pot odds it wont display into my HUD, didnt know it was an options, i have seen it tho, and i have it click, but just wont show.

AntarMauna
05-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I play at Party, and have Vista 32bit, updated version of HEM. I don't get any pot odds, not in odds or percentage. It just writes "No bet". What is wrong?

Patvs
05-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Enable Live Tracking for Party. (hud options--> site options)
Are you using freephg? FreePHG (http://www.jukofyork.com/freephg.htm)

Set the chat window in Party to display ALL chat.

davdas
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
merge tracking?

ah just found answer. bummer

Caravaggio_87
06-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Pot odds works only on cash game?

Patvs
06-24-2011, 03:08 PM
It depends on which site you play.
It used to also work for tournaments.

tommycee2
06-27-2011, 07:38 PM
merge tracking?

ah just found answer. bummer

What did you find?

Caravaggio_87
07-20-2011, 06:31 AM
It depends on which site you play.
It used to also work for tournaments.

Pokerstars.it on cash game.

Patvs
07-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Read the PokerStars section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/209/Site+Options#poker